Help! Advice needed

Lexi2012
on 4/16/13 1:13 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

Hi all, I haven't lost any weight in 1 month and I haven't lost any inches either.  I eat about 1100 calories a day and drink 10 glasses of water a day.  my protein is between 60-80 pounds and my carbs are about 70 grams a day consistently.  I do circuit training 3 times a week for 30 minutes and i run the other 3 days for 30-45 minutes depending on the training schedule (i'm training for a 1/2 marathon)  Will this stall end? 

I am sooo frustrated.   any advise would be appreciated

Lexi         
Keith L.
on 4/16/13 1:16 pm - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

My advice would be decrease your carbs below 20 and increase your fat intake.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

sarapilar
on 4/17/13 2:16 am
VSG on 02/21/13

Agree - healthy fats - avocado, olive oil, etc.  To keep low carb, you will need to give up cottage cheese, milk and yogurt for awhile - they are all pretty high carb (maybe get Carb Master?).  I think staying under 20 grams is really hard, but have it as your goal...but for sure do not go above 30 grams.  I think you will get the scale to move down this way for sure!

"The most difficult part of changing how you live and eat is believing that change is possible. It takes a fierce kind of love for yourself."Geneen Roth

Ohiogirl
on 4/16/13 1:56 pm - OH
VSG on 10/02/12

I'm in the same place you are and I'm only eating 800-900 cal a day and keeping carbs to 40 or below and protein 60-80 and drinking 64-100 oz water a day.  It is so frustrating - no scale movement in a month - I asked myself - is this it?  cause I have another 80 lbs to go.  Looking forward to the responses - I don't think I can cut the carbs or calories - I'm hungry a lot of the time now.

Good luck.

Paula 

MacMadame
on 4/16/13 3:18 pm - Northern, CA

More protein, less carbs. And less calories but I bet if you do more protein and less carbs the calories will take care of themselves.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

A. Kondrlik
on 4/16/13 9:38 pm
VSG on 01/24/13

My daughter who runs marathons and halfs has tole me that Marathon training builds endurance so your body conserves calories. Now this i not scientific and is only her opinion but maybe some truth. others may have had other experiences.  She runs mies and miles and remains a little overweignt..  As I said this may or may not be true, just my daughters opinion.

Anne

HW 259    GW 145    CW 140.2  Not finished yet?   

(deactivated member)
on 4/17/13 1:58 am

Fewer calories, more protein, and far fewer carbs. I would suggest lowering your calories to a maximum of 800 per day, raise your protein to 80-100 grams per day and get the carbs well below 40 grams per day. That is just what worked for me.

I exercised a great deal during WL and found I did not need extra calories to support the exercise. Again, just what worked for me. You'll have to decide what will work best for you.

Kelly-AnneH
on 4/17/13 2:05 am - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
I'm about your weight and activity level, and have to tell you some sad news. 1100 calories is close to maintenance. If you want to lose more you're going to have to lower your calories and probably increase your protein a little (.37g per pound of body weight)

I don't worry about the carbs as much, but any carbs should be from veg, fruit and whole grains and bring a decent amount of fibre into your diet. At a losing level of calories there's NO room for crap carbs at all.

Highest 303.4, Surgery 263, Current 217.8, Goal 180

mnmorgan
on 4/17/13 2:54 am

One possibility could be the weight training.  My doctor specifically said cardio only to burn fat.  He said the weight training and muscle building could come later after about 9 months to a year.  Maybe increase the cardio and cut back temporarily on the weight training and see if that helps.

Most Active