Ordering Unjury Products and New Whey Protein "Shots" in Canada

teachren
on 4/15/13 9:36 am - Ontario, Canada
VSG on 05/13/13 with

Hello all,

Before I ask my question I'd just like to say thank you to all the regular posters for their thoughts and experience. Your stories have been pivotal in my decision to undergo VSG on May 13th. To all the newbies...thanks for asking the questions that keep popping into my head! I have finally ventured out of the lurking stage...baby steps!

I have been trying to find a Canadian source for Unjury products and New Whey protein bullets which are both recommended by my surgeon for my 3 week preop liquid diet (Ugh..starting in a week!) and my 2 week post op liquid phase. I ordered Unjury from the US site and wa**** with $20 for shipping and another $25 today as a COD charge from Canada Customs. I do have a friend with a parent in the US that I may have to use if I can't seem to get around the extra charges.

How about the protein "bullets" or liquid shots? GNC in the US carries them but not on the Canadian website or in the local store around here. Any Canadians with a source in country or a reputable Canadain website?

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,

Teachren

justpete
on 4/15/13 10:32 am
VSG on 04/02/13

From what i understand there is no direct sales of unjury in canada.  I order a few containers at once and just eat the heafty shipping fee.   I didnt have a COD charge on my unjury, there was a slip but i didnt actually have to pay on delivery. MAybe they will harass me later for the money?

I would recommend that you consider the About Time Protein powders, they are similar quality whey isolates and sweetened with Stevia instead of aspertame..The only online site you are sure to find them at is http://www.lowcarbcanada.ca/Low-Carb-High-Protein-Whey-Shake s-s/1892.htm  40$ for a 2lb container (twice unjury size) and the shipping is only 8$ ground UPS in canada per order. lots of other low carb products there too (like sauces for puree stage, ketchup and salsa). service good also, a bottle of sauce froze/broke in my last order, and they simply replaced in my current one.  no fuss.

the flavors arent as strong as other brands, but not nearly as sweet either.  My current fav is the mocha mint with milk and a few ice cubes.  very light and refreshing, even with 1.5x the powder.  I also use the unflavored plus whatever flavor i have separate. I didnt like the banana or birthday cake.  the peach and peanut butter were ok. they have individual add-to bottles if you want to try all the flavours. 

GL

HW: 407   Final Appointment : 376   Pre-op Diet Start: 367   SW: 350 (Apr2/2013) Add me on MFP

teachren
on 4/15/13 7:51 pm - Ontario, Canada
VSG on 05/13/13 with

GL

Thanks for the suggestion. I will try the website you suggested tonight. I do like the Unjury products as I sampled a few different flavours yesterday but who knows if I will like them as much post op?  I think will just place a larger order as you suggested and have them shipped to a friend in the US but I'll have to wait until they cross the border.

Thanks

Ren

ParisGirl
on 4/15/13 11:21 am
VSG on 04/25/13
Review the type of protein in the "shots". If its collagen protein (and likely is), you're body wont process it in the way we need. It's a wase of money, IMO. You're best bet is whey protein.

pineview01
on 4/15/13 12:39 pm - Davison, MI

New Whey "shots" are collagen protein and NOT what our bodies need.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Diana E.
on 4/15/13 11:37 am
VSG on 03/27/13

Do you have Costco in Canada?  There's a giant black tub of Vanilla protein powder they sell that tastes really great.  I also use Unjury... but I use the one from Costco as my daily most versatile powder.

HW- 318    SW- 310    CW- 194.4    GW- 170-ish  Onderland: 10/30/2013

teachren
on 4/15/13 8:04 pm - Ontario, Canada
VSG on 05/13/13 with

Yes, we do have Costco and I am going to hit the local (haha local...2 hours away) store this weekend. I will try your suggestion and add it to my ever growing cupboard of powders. My husband asked me yesterday if I was going to start hanging out at the gym and taking steroidsenlightened

Cheers

Kelly-AnneH
on 4/15/13 1:00 pm, edited 4/15/13 1:01 pm - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
The brand of protein shots you wants is Yes Whey, which GNC.com carries, but not GNC.ca. The US store will ship here, it'll just cost. Sigh...

What are the requirements for powdered whey? There may be other, more easily available products that would do the job.

Kelly-Anne

Highest 303.4, Surgery 263, Current 217.8, Goal 180

teachren
on 4/15/13 8:00 pm - Ontario, Canada
VSG on 05/13/13 with

Kelly-Anne,

I have seen the Yes Whey on the US GNC site so I may just have to use them. The Dr. recommends the bullets just to make sure I get in the required protein in the first week.

The only "requirements"  I have found for the whey powder is that they suggest Unjury brand as it "essentially dissolves clear and will help with protein intake". This is just required for the first week clear liquid phase so I will use what I have and then perhaps just branch out and use a different product. I did find a Canadian 100% Whey Isolate powder from a company called North Coast Naturals. i get from reading a lot of posts on here in the last few months that I just need to play it out and try some different products until I find one that fits for me.

Thanks for your help

Ren

Willowbeez
on 4/16/13 4:47 am - Ontario, Canada
VSG on 05/14/13

I was told to use any low carb, whey protein powder.  So I buy (because I like the taste) Allmax Isoflex.  It comes in quite a few flavors has 110 calories, 30 gm of protein/scoop, 1 gm of carbs, no sugar.  It tastes well with milk and water actually.  You can get it everywhere in Canada - Real Canadian Super Center, GNC, many drug marts etc.  It is a bit pricey but you can find it on sale at ISN Canada for around $18/lb.  If you buy the big 5 lb tubs you don't usually pay shipping.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 71 views