Finally sleeved on 4-11-13

mep57
on 4/16/13 4:52 am

Well it has been a long process but I was finally able to have surgery on 4-11. I was originally scheduled for Feb 26th but unfortunately life got in the way, my son in law passed suddenly and I got very sick the night before surgery. So here I am at home healing and being a good girl like I am supposed to.  My problem I seen to be having is how in the world do I get the 64 oz of liquid plus my protein in. I drink my 3 protein shakes all day long and the rest is crystal light, skim milk, decaf tea or water. But i seem so darn full and am afraid I am taking in too much. Is this normal??? I go see the nurse Thursday so maybe she can help. Also constipation seems to be rearing its ugly head, even though I try to move around quite a bit. Other than that no complaints and surgery went wonderfully. I can not wait for the weight to start coming off. It probably is but I am so busy trying to get the recommended protein and fluids that I dont notice. Also how long did you some of you keep the abdominal wrap on. Sometimes I notice I feel better with it on. Thanks everyone. 

Steph2013
on 4/16/13 5:10 am - CA
VSG on 04/08/13

My dr told me the 1st week my protein drinks counted toward my 64 ounce fluid goal. So in getting all my shakes in I also met my fluid goal. I still tried to get in as much water as possible but didn't stress over it.

HilaryH8103
on 4/16/13 5:11 am - WA
First off, I'm so sorry about your son in law. Your poor daughter. That's just terrible. I hope you all are healing from that the best ways that you know how.

As far as the water & protein, I was only able to do 35oz of liquid my first day home, the 2nd day was 47oz, 3rd day 54oz & so on & so on until I got up to goal. I didn't want to force my stomach to hold more than I felt that it was able to so I didn't pu**** SF Popsicles & Unjury chicken flavored protein mixed with water helped me get in a lot more liquids as the days went on.
You should start taking a capful of Mirilax everyday or every other day because the constipation can get bad. I wasn't able to go for the first week & because I didn't use Mirilax or anything I ended up giving myself a Fleet suppository because it hurt really bad trying to go. I now take
2-3 Philips stool softeners every 2-3 days & I think they work great.

I didn't come home with any type of abdominal wrap, however, I've read from a few people on this site that they were very comfortable wearing them. I'd ask your surgeon or his nurse how long he'd like you to wear it.

Best of Luck to you,
Hilary
sarapilar
on 4/16/13 6:19 am
VSG on 02/21/13

I'm sorry sorry to hear of your loss, and your daughter loss ;-( Unimaginable ;-(

I recommend Unjury Chicken soup scoop mixed with your own home made chicken soup broth.  I used a whole chicken, did it in a crockpot with bay leaves, carrots, onions....You can give the boiled chicken to others, but add extra water to the broth, then add a scoop of Unjury, that was a total lifesaver and it tasted amazing!  I think much better than just the Unjury by itself.

GL!

"The most difficult part of changing how you live and eat is believing that change is possible. It takes a fierce kind of love for yourself."Geneen Roth

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 93 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 317 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 363 views