Sugery April 29th and I am Home feeling great!

Donnab62
on 4/30/13 8:28 am
VSG on 04/29/13

Had my surgery on the 29th and was discharged today around 1:00. I had clear liquids this morning and will have full liquids tonight, progressing to puree tomorrow. Yesterday was a little rough but today wonderful.

Thank you everybody that prayed for me. I am starting to feel a little tired now and need to take it easy.

Donna

A. Robinson
on 4/30/13 9:04 am - Columbia, TN
VSG on 04/29/13
Me too!! I had 6 incisions, did you? I have doing great but have had to cough today & that hurts. Also I have drank water & crystal light & some broth. Trying a protein shake but its too thick, yucky. I haven't had that weird feeling people talk about though. Maybe because Im sipping. My diet is 2 week full liquid then 3 & 4 wks are applesauce consistency. 5 &6 are soft foods. Let me know how you do!!
Donnab62
on 4/30/13 10:25 am
VSG on 04/29/13

Yay! Congratulations, I'm glad you doing well. I have six incisions as well and one of them hurts more then the other. The dr said that is the one they did the majority of the work through.  I can drink clears with no problem. The full kinda hurts, I think 1 1/2 ounces is probably to much right now.  It is hard to tell right now. Keep me posted. Are you home?

Donna

A. Robinson
on 5/1/13 3:27 am - Columbia, TN
VSG on 04/29/13
Yes I got to come around noon Im also. I am just on clear liquids. Have no problem with them. Is your incision a little red around it? Mine is. They covered it with dermabond also. So glad we both had successful surgeries! Now to a complete recovery!
DanielleP
on 4/30/13 9:21 am - Philadelphia, PA
VSG on 04/29/13

So glad to hear you're feeling good. I got sleeved yesterday as well and just got home. I feel pretty awful but I believe it will get better with time. Just glad to be sleeved and I know you are too!

Donnab62
on 4/30/13 10:27 am
VSG on 04/29/13

Glad your home, maybe that will help you to feel better. Have you tried any clear or full liquids yet? Me too, see you on the loosers bench! Yeah!

Donna

DanielleP
on 4/30/13 10:39 am - Philadelphia, PA
VSG on 04/29/13

I've been drinking clear liquids. My program doesn't allow full until a week after surgery. Right now though, I can't imagine desiring anything thicker than water, I'm so swollen lol! Hard to believe that yesterday as they were wheeling me in all I could think about was pizza. If someone offered me pizza now I'd laugh if it didn't hurt to laugh.

Donnab62
on 4/30/13 1:49 pm
VSG on 04/29/13

The full liquids was a bit much. I'm a little concerned about puree tomorrow but I am going to try. I'm not as swollen as I thought I would be. I guess each day will be a learning experience for us. Good luck!

Donna

(deactivated member)
on 4/30/13 9:34 am

Congrats to you both on getting sleeved!! You're on the losers bench now. Prayers that each day gets better day.

Donnab62
on 4/30/13 10:27 am
VSG on 04/29/13

Thank you!

Donna

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 177 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 451 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op