Onderland! and uncomfortable with all the attention!

LDE1964
on 5/8/13 1:53 pm - MD
Hello Lisa
I had tremendous anxiety prior to surgery, I was scared, I was in tears, I almost backed out minutes before the surgery.
I wasn't concerned about what people thought of me or if they would like me after, I was concerned IF I WAS GOING TO LIKE ME After the surgery.
I'm just trying to get by day to day. . . I check the scale every 3 days. . . Because I prefer to no****ch so closely . . .you focus on you and your health, YOU will see results and YOU will be pleased!
BTW, don't freak out if at every check in you don't hit the grand pounds loss. . . You will have times you don't drop 20 lbs in a month? Do not be discouraged! . . . Burn it off on the next check in.
-Linda
Imakitekat
on 5/10/13 1:15 am - ID
VSG on 09/23/13
Hi Linda and Sophie

I will think about what you said, it makes sense. I just want to change in good ways and know I am liked for me, not the way I look, I want profound people in my life, not superficial ones you know? But your right I should be the people in control of my own path.

Thanks for your responses!

Lisa
sleevegirl
on 5/10/13 1:20 am - Austin, TX

Congrats. I'm honest about my surgery and everyone notices, pretty much. I've lost an obese person!

Honestly, you just kind of get used to it. It can be annoying when they go ON and ON about it, but I just nod, say thank you, and try to steer the conversation elsewhere and make it a non-issue. Like I said, you just kind of get used to it and get really good at deflecting :)

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

Idairene
on 11/19/13 8:52 am

I realize this post was from some time ago but I just weighed in at 201.5 lbs at a routine gyno appt and I am exhausted dealing with the "compliments" I have received over the past few weeks at work.  Yesterday 6 different people commented, and it wasn't just a simple compliment.  They don't just say "you look great", but as soon as I say Thank You and start to walk away, they go on with questions or stories about obese relatives or some kind of comments or questions.  I can't walk into a meeting without a comment, I get interrupted while working at my desk, I can't walk to the kitchen to get a cup of tea without feeling like I have to prepare my self for an "encounter."  I've now decided to be rude, as soon as it comes up I say "I don't want to talk about it" Even them people say "why not"  I walk away and say I don't want to talk about it, and still they go on as I walk away.  I'm not even 3 months post op and have lost 60 lbs.  I work out with a personal trainer and exercise regularly.  My body isn't going to stop changing and getting smaller for quite awhile. Is all this attention ever going to stop or am I just going to have to accept this?

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 177 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 451 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 475 views