Onderland! and uncomfortable with all the attention!

deemyers
on 5/7/13 6:48 am
VSG on 02/05/13

Well, I hit 199.6 last night, 198 this morning. Hard to believe that I am in onderland territory! I am now currently down 47 pounds, and all of a sudden, just like everyone said would happen when you reach close to the 50 pound mark, everyone is noticing. Especially at work. I literally get stopped in the hallway with and exclamation "OMG you look good" or "wow! you have lost alot of weight!" or "you look so pretty!". While I am grateful for the remarks, I am finding myself very uncomfortable with all the attention. I feel like I have to explain myself to people, what I did or how I got there, and quite frankly, I don't want to! yes, I think I like the fact people notice, but I don't get what is so different now than before. why am I having a hard time with this?

SassyDiva
on 5/7/13 6:53 am - AL

Awesome on ONEderland!!!! I'm knocking on the door.  I'm at 202.  I too get stopped in the halls at work.. I just say thank you and keep walking...  The greatest moment was when my Ex husband saw me last week for first time and went crazy!!! I laughed and blew him off!!!! HA HA HA!!!!

sarapilar
on 5/7/13 7:08 am
VSG on 02/21/13

Awesome!  I am at 209lbs!  I cannot wait for Onderland! 

If people ask how you did it, just say "Super-duper low carb, portion control, lots of water and exercising".  That's all they need to know!

"The most difficult part of changing how you live and eat is believing that change is possible. It takes a fierce kind of love for yourself."Geneen Roth

Valsdetermined2lose
on 5/7/13 7:39 am
I can relate, once i lost my first 30 pounds or so everyone noticed. I was teaching at the time and my students were saying something everyday at school, at first i.bb felt ashamed to tell anybody about my wls but as time went on i was so proud of myself because its not the surgery that made me thin but its lots of work. You have to eat right and excercise, now give yourself a pat on your back!!! Now 2 years aftet surgery, i tell everyone! You never know wjo you could reach out to after wls and we all know the struggles of trying to lose weight on our own. I educate people now and motivate them. Im truly blessed to have had this surgery because it brought alot more out of me than confidence , it brought out my self esteem being a fat kid all my life.
Congrats to you, we are the brave!
 HW-267-SW-253-CW-167 I LOVE MY SLEEVE!!!

SophieNJ
on 5/7/13 8:02 am - Parsippany, NJ
VSG on 03/05/13

I'm having a weird time too...am close to Onederland...people are noticing.....unless I am with hubby, I am wearing baggy clothes..not that I expect anyone to jump me, LOL, but the attention is not comfortable for me....I too say, depending on who it is, that the loss is due to high protein/low carb/etc....and blame it on my hubby - that if I don't lose weight, he won't lose weight, so I'm doing it for him.  They know he has medical issues, so it is feasible.  I hope to get comfortable in my own skin as I move along this journey.....it took me forever to get comfy in my fat self, now it's got to be at whatever weight I am.

congrats on getting under 200 !!  keep up the great work!

sophie

HW 275 SW 246 CW 162.5  GW 150  ( 5'1"  Over 1 1/2 inch lost in the last few yrs! LOL) lost 50 lbs on my own, stable for 3 yrs, gained back 21 during year b4 surgery.

Jls8877
on 5/7/13 8:08 am
Yay! Welcome to Onederland!!!!
I posted an updated picture on Facebook this week and got a lot of attention. I hadn't updated my profile since Thanksgiving (60+lbs ago). It did make me feel uncomfortable. I appreciate the compliments but have not told people about my wls. I'm sure many suspect but it's not their buisiness. I only updated my pic b/cv it was my son's 1St Communion and it was a nice family photo.
I can totally relate with your feelings. I feel my weight loss becomes the topic of every conversation I have. It's 24/7 until people get used to seeing us now.
Again, congratulations on your success!!!
JenniferRN
on 5/7/13 11:43 am - NJ
VSG on 01/22/13 with

Congrats on onederland!!! So exciting. I understand how you feel.  I feel crazy, when people make a big deal about my weight loss I feel self conscious, when they don;t say anything I feel self conscious.  NUTS.  I guess we should be grateful for the kind remarks. After a while ppl will be used to the "new us" and we will miss the compliments. 

Ladyazblue
on 5/7/13 1:16 pm - Palm Springs, CA

I have the same thing going on, people that ignored me are like whoa you look sexy and I'm looking around wondering who they are talking to. I'll always be a fat chick at heart and obnoxious.

SW: 265 CW:125  Sleeved on 10-10-2012

Imakitekat
on 5/7/13 7:23 pm - ID
VSG on 09/23/13
Hello,

I am not asking anyone in particular but rather in general, I have to do a 3 month dr supervis diet before I get sleeved. My first appt is next week. Hopefully will get to be sleeved mid September . The thing that has my anxiety up, and maybe this is silly, but one of the things I have always felt that people liked me for me. I'm nervous wondering if I will know if someone likes me for me after I lose the weight, has anyone felt that way pre surgery? I know I will feel uncomfortable getting attention after the weight loss, I guess I have always gotten used to all the negative attention, name calling, repulsive looks, that sort of thing. I wonder how other people deal with it, just because I don't want the insecurity to paralyze me into not doing what is best for me. You know? Hopefully someone can relate, congrats to all of you getting lost im wonderland!!!!!!!

Lisa
SophieNJ
on 5/7/13 11:05 pm - Parsippany, NJ
VSG on 03/05/13

I don't think I have the answer you are looking for, but something you said made me think - don't worry if they like you, you should worry if you like them.

sophie

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 97 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 323 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 367 views