removing the drain tube - how much will it hurt?

Shagdoll
on 5/8/13 2:10 am

There was no pain at all.  Weird how I didn't even think about the pain from drain tube removal.  I think I was too busy with the severe nausea I had.  When my surgeon was about to remove the drain, he told me to inhale ... as soon as I started to inhale he pulled it out ... omg, felt weird as hell ... no pain but I could feel the drain from the inside being pulled out (obviously, lol).

Not bad at all... not even close. 

Jenn  

WWBD?  

BREAZA
on 5/8/13 4:33 am, edited 5/8/13 4:34 am
VSG on 04/24/13

No pain at all. :) I had it in for 4 days and the day the doctor removed it he simply told me to take a deep breath and then breathe out...the drain was pulled out before I breathed out so I didn't feel anything except a weird sensation of something coming out.

Kansasdorothy
on 5/8/13 9:39 am

I thought the removal was painful but not unbearable. My nurse is awesome and let me hold her hand when the doc pulled it out. I just closed my eyes, they counted to three and it was out. I am a baby about that sort of thing but it was so much better having it out. It comes out really fast. 

LDE1964
on 5/8/13 1:29 pm - MD
I wanted to punch the crap out of my doctor, it hurt far more than I had expected . . . Never want to experience that again. My drain was in for 2 weeks, I was glad to get it out!
lena F.
on 5/8/13 5:00 pm
VSG on 01/07/13

had two drains... one in for a month and one in for 5 days... they both hurt terribly upon removal but it was a 10 second intense pain. then i was just sore... 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 65 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 249 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 316 views