removing the drain tube - how much will it hurt?

chunkymonkey1991
on 5/7/13 12:30 pm

I just had my revision (down 10 pounds since friday! ) and i'm getting my drain tube out thursday. I didn't think it would be too bad but my friend had one out before and she said it was terrible. how bad will this hurt? kind of a wince, like ripping off a band aid, or terrible awful? :/

Please visit my blog at chunkymonkey6491.blogspot.com  

lucy2e
on 5/7/13 12:38 pm - Laurel, MD

I was a "worst case" scenario - had my drain in 2 weeks and the site got an infection.  That being said it being pulled didn't hurt - it felt really weird - kind of pressurey.  Not pleasant, kind of uncomfortable - but not bad!

Now when he squeezed the site to get out any goo - OMG pain - but that was because it was infected.  Yours should just be the weird awkward thing!

Lucy  (Imma Loser!)
  LilySlim Weight loss tickers                  
HW 335 SW 311 CW 181.2 -- Goals:  Twoderville - 6/7/11, 280 - 7/1/11, 260 - 8/1/11, 240 - 10/30/11 Centry Club - 11/22/11, 220 - 12/27/11 Onederland - 5/25/12, 180 - , 170 (surgeons goal) -  
We shall see where this leads...  

jen_vsg_4me
on 5/7/13 12:49 pm, edited 5/7/13 12:49 pm - Iaeger, WV
VSG on 01/23/13

I had no pain at all.  It felt weird.  It happened so fast that I didn't have a chance to wince. It just felt weird because I could feel the tube moving when she pulled it out but it was really fast and didn't hurt at all.  I was actually really nervous and scared because I thought it would hurt but it didn't.  I was surprised and relieved.   She told me to lie on my back and take a breath in and hold it.  Then she pulled it out and...it was over.  I felt so much better!   I think you will be fine!

My youtube channel is http://www.youtube.com/user/ShrinkingJenn

Surgery Date: January 23, 2013

WorkItOutWoman
on 5/7/13 1:04 pm
I felt like Keanu reeves from the matrix when mine was pulled very odd sensation but not real pain.

BoutThatLife

BuckeyeGirl
on 5/7/13 1:20 pm - TN

Mine didn't hurt at all. It felt kind of weird, but its over with so fast that I hardly noticed.

Best,

Lindsey

llLou
on 5/7/13 1:38 pm - Halifax NS, Canada

It didn't hurt at all. It's very fast.

You will be fine.

lunarose
on 5/7/13 4:23 pm - Newhall, CA

I had mine 9 days no pain at all.

buzzmaam
on 5/7/13 8:34 pm
No pain at all!!
katikati
on 5/7/13 9:57 pm - Eads, TN
VSG on 02/06/13

I had mine out at two weeks.  I had zero pain, and didn't even have the weird sensation I was expecting.  I didn't feel it when he clipped the stitch or anything.  I literally felt nothing and it was over in an instant.  I didn't have to lie on the table, he just did it with me sitting in the chair.  I felt really silly because I took a deep breath, turned my head, squeezed my eyes shut, and asked my Mom to hold my hand.  LOL.  Never felt more ridiculous.  When I said, "Oh, that didn't hurt at all,"  he said,  "Well, that's why you picked me."  Surgeons... :P

Miss_T_CC95
on 5/7/13 10:49 pm - Pasadena, MD
VSG on 03/05/13

I was super scared to get mine out, but not nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be.  Fells odd, like pressure and movement under the skin, but not really pain.  It really happens so fast that when you are thinking about screaming it is over and you are like "oh is that it?"

Good Luck!!!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 100 views