Motivation/ Reward

wildivie
on 5/11/13 2:24 am - TX
RNY on 07/17/13

Well... I'm a noob and am working on my pre-op checklist to get a date scheduled (only have 2 support groups to go and I get a date usually 3-4 weeks out, yay!) Anyway, any time I have a "skinny dream" I am rocking an awesome dress and so I was thinking that maybe for motivation/ reward I could go and buy the kind of dress I have always wanted to wear in a size that I would love to be. Then, I could work not only towards losing the weight, but to really looking how I want. I am a little worried that I might get discouraged if it takes too long to get there, but I'm not going to pick a size 4 or anything and I'll give myself until the full year to do it- right in time for my hubby's graduation from his MOS re-class!

Still, I was wondering if anyone here had set a tangible goal for themselves for after surgery? I'd love to hear what it was and how long it took you to get there or how you are doing on getting there. Sorry, I might be lame but this is part of what really gets me excited about the new life I'll have!

HW:274 (Nov 2011 pre-pregnancy) Starting weight: 243 Day of Surgery: 231

(deactivated member)
on 5/11/13 2:44 am

I think it's a great idea.  Go get the dress and post the pictures here.  I would love to see it! 

Nancybefree
on 5/11/13 2:56 am
VSG on 11/21/12

Funny you should post this.  Preop I had purchased on clearance a strapless cotton maxi dress from Zappos.  It's black with turquoise stitching -- gorgeous.  The largest size they had remaining was XL, as in Misses XL, which I haven't worn since I was a young teenager (about 40 years ago).  It is a gathered design, so it's a bit roomy, but XL?!  I bought it anyway and hoped someday at least to try it on.

This morning I tried it on on a whim, and it FIT.  I made the mistake (?) of modeling it for my husband, who liked it at lot.  A LOT.  Suddenly our home improvement project of the day ground to a sudden and happy halt for a while.  ;)  ;)  ;)  Now I need to go purchase a really good strapless bra -- oh yeah!

So yes, I set myself a tangible goal, and today that goal saw its fulfillment.  I would say to you, go for it! 

5'8"    HRW 357 on 7/09/12    SW 339   >196 8/26/13 (surgeon's goal)   TWL  193     CW   164 

*:•-:¦:-•:*1st pers. goal 178 on 10/16/13; ultimate goal 164 on 12/13/13*:•-:¦:-•:* 

wildivie
on 5/11/13 3:39 am - TX
RNY on 07/17/13

Thanks ladies! I'll see what I can find today :) And congratulations Nancy on hitting your tangible goal today- what an accomplishment!

I have to say I'm a little nervous about purchasing it in store and having the clerk look at me like "there's NO way she is going to wear this." I get really self conscious when shopping. I guess it's okay though because I'll know the next time she's sees me I'll get a size smaller.

HW:274 (Nov 2011 pre-pregnancy) Starting weight: 243 Day of Surgery: 231

Nancybefree
on 5/11/13 4:32 am
VSG on 11/21/12

It's none of her doggone business what you buy or why.  If she's smart she'll act accordingly.  It may not even cross her mind.

5'8"    HRW 357 on 7/09/12    SW 339   >196 8/26/13 (surgeon's goal)   TWL  193     CW   164 

*:•-:¦:-•:*1st pers. goal 178 on 10/16/13; ultimate goal 164 on 12/13/13*:•-:¦:-•:* 

themexcellentone
on 5/11/13 10:27 am
VSG on 07/08/13 with
Don't worry about what the clerk thinks. As far as she knows, you're buying a gift. It's just that it's for YOU.

VSG by Nick Nicholson in 2013. Revised to DS 2/23/2023 by Chad Carlton.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 82 views