Anyone had surgery with Dr. Aceves recently?

sevencats
on 6/1/13 5:00 pm

I've been thinking about this a while--backed off from surgery with another doc, partially because of needing to deal with some of my own head stuff , but also because the doctor's office quit communicating with me as soon as I'd scheduled.  And I think I'll feel more--peaceful, I guess--about scheduling with Dr. Aceves.  I don't think I ever felt completely comfortable with the other surgeon.  So I'm starting again...

Anyway, could anyone who's been there recently tell me what Dr. Aceves is charging currently??  And please tell me if his office follows through with information.  (The other doc's office used to have great follow-through, but that appears to have changed in the past six or so months.)  I'm way single--no spouse, no parents, no kids, no siblings--so I need to feel like I have some control and know what's happening through the process.  I need to have my "ducks in a row," so to speak, prior to the surgery because if there are any issues, there isn't anyone else to line them up for me.

Thanks for any words of wisdom, support, etc. you can provide.  Judee

linzeelee
on 6/2/13 12:31 am - Omaha, NE
VSG on 05/17/13
Hi Judee. I had surgery with Dr. Aceves a couple weeks ago. It cost $8750. Before surgery, Nina answered my thousands of questions within 24 hours every time I sent off an email. Post op, Karla has answered all my questions within 24 hours. Feel free to ask me any questions.

Lindsay ~ 5'4" ~ HW (5/6/13): 280 ~ SW (5/17/13): 273 ~ CW: 140
Losses by month: pre-op: -8  M1: -18  M2: -12  M3: -13  M4: -9  M5: -10  M6: -12
  M7: -14  M8: -12  M9: -2  M10: -8  M11: -9  M12: -2  M13: -6  M14: -7

(deactivated member)
on 6/2/13 12:54 am

I went to him a few years ago.  I probably would not go to him again but I did have safe sugery.

shutterfly
on 6/2/13 3:14 am - vancouver, Canada
Can you elaborate more? Why wouldn't you go to him again?
(deactivated member)
on 6/2/13 3:17 am
On June 2, 2013 at 10:14 AM Pacific Time, shutterfly wrote:
Can you elaborate more? Why wouldn't you go to him again?

If you want to PM me I am happy to copy/paste a lot of info.

shutterfly
on 6/2/13 3:30 am - vancouver, Canada
Just sent you a PM
Kelly-AnneH
on 6/2/13 1:05 am - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
Hi Judee,
He did my sister's and my VSG almost a year ago, I traveled with a friend as her support person when he did hers 3 months ago and I'm going with my hubby for his next week. Contact with his office has been excellent, with any questions or concerns answered quickly - generally within a couple of hours.

I'll be happy to answer any questions, either here or privately, as you prefer.

Kelly-Anne

Highest 303.4, Surgery 263, Current 217.8, Goal 180

Islandertra
on 6/2/13 1:44 am - Courtenay, Canada
VSG on 05/15/13

Hi Dr. Aceves did my surgery 18 days ago and communication with his office was great . Anything I wanted to know took no time at all. He is a wonderful , kind and caring surgeon with a great bedside manner. His whole team was terrific. And my cost $8750 all incl. except the airfare to San Diego ., If you have any questions don't hesitate to pm me. Tracy

Today is the first day of the rest of my life and I am not going to waste it !!!  Tracy

Cindy B.
on 6/2/13 2:38 pm
VSG on 10/22/12

I had my surgery in October with Dr. Aceves. I would absolutely use him again. The cost was $8750 and included one night in a hotel the night before surgery and 2 nights in the hospital after the surgery. (I really wanted to go home, so he discharged me as soon as my leak test was done. I think most patients stay 3 nights in the hospital after the surgery. I have 4 kids and wanted to get back home to them.)  His office follows through and are all very prompt in their responses to me since my surgery. I always get a reply to any emails (from Gaby) within 24 hours, depending on what time of day I email them. In the day time it's within a couple of hours. Dr. Aceves and Dr. Campos both had very good bedside manner and Dr. Campos especially spoke English very well. If you have any other questions, I'd be happy to answer them.

Cindy

Surgery weight 255     GW 140     CW 128

sevencats
on 6/2/13 3:19 pm

Many many thanks to all of you for your information and responses and offers to provide more information.  I'm feeling much better about setting a date...and I'll probably be coming to ya'll with more questions.  :-)  Judee

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 364 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 409 views