vsg after hysterectomy

Lathom326
on 6/4/13 4:21 am

I have been seeing my ob/gyn since January for fibroids and am to have a hysterectomy in early July. My first question is how long after the hysterectomy should the VSG be done. I am going to ask my gyno and bariatric surgeons office this question was curious if anyone had done these two surgeries close together. My second question is can my visits to my gyno be used as my 6 month supervised diet since I have been to see him every month since January and have been weighed each and every time.

Thank you

Laura

(deactivated member)
on 6/4/13 4:32 am

That depends on your individual policy requirements.  Some require more documentation than just weight, it has to show they educated you on diet and exercise, some require your bariatric surgeon do it, everyone is different.  So you need to check with your policy.

Lathom326
on 6/4/13 4:52 am
Thank you. I'll be calling my insurance company this week
Jackie T.
on 6/4/13 6:34 am - KS
VSG on 12/19/12

With my insurance it was not enough that you went for six months, the doctor had to actually write notes about discussions you had on weight loss.  Unless your gyno is going to take detailed notes about your weight it probably won't work.  I had BCBS Highmark. 

Highest Weight: 285 SW: 264.6 CW:163.1   Surgeon's GW: 189  PCP's GW: 165-170  

My GW:  154   MFP:  jteaford                  

pharmergirl
on 6/4/13 10:03 pm
VSG on 04/04/13
I had a hysterectomy in January followed by VSG in April. No problems. My doc would have allowed it at 8 weeks, but I had travel plans.
on 6/5/13 12:14 pm - NE

I had a robotic (DaVinci) hysterectomy in Oct. 2012.  Doctor said I had to wait six weeks to have the sleeve, but it worked out to be 8 weeks because of scheduling.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 97 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 323 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 367 views