Good surgeons in Mississippi or Alabama? Anything affordable?

vixkix69
on 6/4/13 2:50 pm

Good surgeons in Mississippi or Alabama? Anything affordable?I live in Ms, near Al. Anyone have surgery in my area? If so, results?

kitsyb
on 6/4/13 11:46 pm - Mobile, AL
VSG on 01/23/12

Give me a call at 251-470-1671.  I work at the University of South Alabama and we have a really great bariatric surgeon, Dr. William Richards.  He is chair of our surgery department and came to us from Vanderbilt.  He has done thousands of bariatric surgeries and over the last year has done numerous sleeve surgeries and we are one of the few hospitals around here that take Medicaid for the surgery.  We also take Mississippi & Florida Medicaid.  He did my surgery on 1/23/12 and I lost 112 lbs. in 8 months.  I am 5'5" with a SW of 243 and CW 133.  I have been in maintenance for about 8 months now and have not had any problems from surgery or weight loss.  LOVE MY SLEEVE!

vixkix69
on 6/5/13 8:28 pm

Hi, I messaged you on here but may also call you. I live within 30 miles or so of USA  :)

Alajane
on 6/5/13 3:52 am, edited 6/5/13 3:52 am

I'm a good one to make recommendation since I haven't had my surgery yet, but my daughter had VSG 2 years ago with John Touliatos in Birmingham at Advanced Surgeons PC.  We both really like both him and his office staff; most of my interaction so far has been with the surgical coordinator who has worked really hard with me to get my insurance approval for surgery June 25.

Are you in north or south Mississippi?  I'm in the northwestern corner of the state, only a few miles from Mississippi--in fact the nearest shopping area for me is actually in Mississippi, only about 12 miles away.  So if you're closer to Birmingham than Mobile, be sure to check out Dr. Touliatos at Trinity/Montclair Hospital.

tia47
on 6/5/13 2:17 pm - cleve, OH

I lived in Corinth, Ms for 21 yrs. Best surgeon, in my opinion, is in Nashville...Dr.Charles Morton III...Metabolic Surgery Center. Awesome surgeon, bedside manner, caring and all around great guy. 

tia

vixkix69
on 6/5/13 8:27 pm

Thank you all for the info! I am looking into the leads you all have given me. :)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 129 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 379 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 415 views