Day 1, Protein Meal Replacements

heyjanaehey
on 6/10/13 9:08 am

Very new to this and also so grateful to have found supporting people...

I'm on day one of my 2 week Pre-Surgery Protein Meal replacement for VSG. I'm having a hard time with the Protein Shakes, the first one I tried was the Premier Protein from Costco, Vanilla and it was hard to swallow.  I heard you could mix in sugar free jello to add flavor, so for lunch I mixed in raspberry with the vanilla and that was a disaster! 

I have the Bariatric Advantage Orange Cream and Iced Latte at home. I'm hoping this will be a better solution for dinner. 

Any suggestions or recommendations are appreciated... thank you!  :)

datachick
on 6/10/13 10:53 am - WA
VSG on 10/26/12

I have EAS Advantedge shakes, get them at Target. Also the Myoplex Lite has a lot more protein when I need it. I've been drinking the chocolate since prior to surgery and don't need anything else. My wife drinks the vanilla, same thing....since prior to surgery. Yummy.

Also Unjury Chicken soup mix is good (not for your pre-op diet though, I don't think). A salty alternative, easy to go down, tastes like the old cup-a-soup chicken juice....for post-op sipping.

VSG 10/26/12 • HEIGHT 5'4"
GW = 140 lbs met Month 9
CW = 133
lbs
Loss per Month: 8 >  9 > 7 > SURGERY  > 15 > 10 > 10 > 10 > 7 > 5 > 6
  > 6 > 5 > 5 > 0

It works if you work it; it sorta works if you sorta work it; and it doesn't work if you don't work it.

horrible_monster
on 6/10/13 10:57 am
VSG on 02/27/13

I'm a Jay Robb-in-almond-milk girl. My surgeon has us mix our protein powder in four ounces of liquid instead of eight. Maybe having it in a smaller amount would help you get it down easier?

I have a basement but don't dwell in it full time.

Beadle
on 6/10/13 12:34 pm
VSG on 05/28/13 with

When I first tried the premier protein drink I wasn't crazy about it but then I added about 5 ounces of skim milk with it and it made it so much better.  Stay strong the first four days are rough but. So well worth it.

Just keep on moving

tigerlilly3847
on 6/10/13 12:43 pm
VSG on 06/06/13

go to gnc..... and get the lean shakes.... they are the best..... they have vanilla cloc.. and strawb..... its the best.... they are high. but you will like them...

heyjanaehey
on 6/11/13 8:15 am

Thank you for all your suggestions. I definitely want to try the Unjury chicken soup at some point.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 287 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 338 views