Coffee Creamer????

denisedufrene
on 6/12/13 10:45 am - Oak Hills, CA
VSG on 04/04/13

I can't drink coffee without the creamer...so I haven't had coffee since surgery 8 weeks ago...so my question is if I was to use a creamer what would be best...I am assuming sugar free over fat free...I don't know....thanks in advance..

HW: 287     SW:  285     CW:  176     GW:  150

wls2011
on 6/12/13 10:58 am - Ballston Lake, NY

Wow, your good, I think I waited till day 5 postoperative for my daily coffee habit to resume. IMO and I know it's not popular around here, but drink the real sugar, real fat kind. There are some things in small quantities that are worth it, and for me I have the French vanilla real deal everyday. Your daily diet is about trade offs and compromise, satiety, and balance. I find the fake stuff unsatisfying. Same thing with desserts, I would rather a few bites of creamy fattening cheesecake over box of fat free cookies. Many times you will eat more calories overall when eating fat free stuff. And sugar free, studies have shown make you crave more carbs anyway. 

I say enjoy and savor your coffee in moderation. Like I don't drink coolatas anymore either. Lol

Alain Polynice Arm Lift & Revision BL 4/15/15

Alain Polynice Hernia Repair, Revision TT, Lipo Flanks 5/28/14

Dr. Lee Gallbladder Removal 5/28/14

Francisco Sauceda  TT & BL  6/3/13

Mitchell Roslin VSG 5/12/11

Kelly-AnneH
on 6/12/13 11:07 am - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
I drink my coffee the way I always have, with milk and sugar twin. At 28 calories and 3 grams of protein, I consider my coffee part of my healthy breakfast, relaxed afternoon "coffee break" and a delicious end to my supper. (Yes, I wait until Fred says it's ok to drink)

If you enjoy creamer (I don't) you need to decide whether you will:

1. Drink it your usual way, just count the calories as part of your "budget"
2. Drink it differently and learn to like the new way (still accounting for it in your "budget")

Our opinions are irrelevant.

Kelly-Anne (who would rather not have her beloved coffee at all than be forced to drink it with "creamer")

Highest 303.4, Surgery 263, Current 217.8, Goal 180

pineview01
on 6/12/13 11:12 am - Davison, MI

I had to switch to decaf, supposedly for ever.  So I use my real 1/2 &1/2 like on atkins.  I have 1.5 oz each day and count it in the carbs, protein and calories.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Yocie
on 6/12/13 11:38 am
VSG on 11/06/12

I also drink my coffee with the same "Irish cream" creamer I always did before. I figure this is for the rest of my life, and there are a few things that I enjoy, and I'm staying with. This is minimal in the scheme of things. Just my view.....

justpete
on 6/12/13 11:41 am
VSG on 04/02/13

i use 10% MF coffee cream.  30 cal for 2 tbsp - just fit it into your plan. I have every other day or so.  I wouldnt recommend more than once a day for the coffee though.

HW: 407   Final Appointment : 376   Pre-op Diet Start: 367   SW: 350 (Apr2/2013) Add me on MFP

charmedaz
on 6/12/13 11:43 am

coffee fiend here...I was just wondering this while wandering the store today (im pre-op, was looking for a lower sodium choice of broth..the dried powder i was using was over 800g sodium and on day 3 im kinda thinking that wasnt ideal) anyway ended up in coffee/tea browsing the little international house sugar frees and what nots that are avail now..and i saw sugar free powdered creamer! i was wondering about those for post op!! i stopped caffeine pre-op bc i dont want the killer caffeine headache when i cant barely drink right after surgery           and i also spotted ATKINS protein coffee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wahoo!

Keith L.
on 6/12/13 11:50 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

Yes sugar free over fat free, coffeemate makes a sugar free caramel macchiato flavor, a vanilla flavor and I think hazelnut in the liquid and they also make some in the powder. Just check the carb count of the powder I believe the powder is made from bone so it will have carbs.

You can also just use some heavy cream and some torani sugar free syrups and then you can have any flavor you want.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

TeashaLorna
on 6/12/13 12:22 pm - Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada

I used the coffee mate liquid Sugar Free Sweet Italian Cream; it is my one thing that I enjoy and I make allowances for it in my daily totals. To me it is about staying focused and making choices I can't have everything but I can have this.

Dr Ponce de Leon Mexico     VSG 4 Jun 12. I lost 57 lbs on my own before having a VSG. This is by far the best thing I have ever done for myself.

(deactivated member)
on 6/12/13 1:00 pm
VSG on 06/04/12
That's my favorite flavor too. In the scheme of compromise and what will and won't work - this is something I have daily and build into my day. Its all about the choices you make.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 269 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views