Should I be worried???

babybird555
on 6/12/13 8:57 pm
VSG on 05/14/13

I have numbness in my finger tips on my left hand this morning??  Not my pinky or my thumb, just the 3 other fingers...no other pain....has this happened to anyone else?  Should I be worried?

ArmyWife29
on 6/12/13 9:10 pm - GA

I think it would be best to call your doctor, or go to the ER.  How old are you?  Any tingling on the left side makes me concerned for heart problems, or stroke.  It could be your B12 is low. I mean it could be a lot of things, but I don't think numbness and tingling are a normal postoperative symptom, at least not in your fingers anyway.  I hope everything turns out okay!

Ht 5'4HW 232  GW 138

babybird555
on 6/12/13 9:41 pm
VSG on 05/14/13

I am 50 years old...i am going to take your advise and call my Dr. when they get into the office....

Thanks!!

Manderley
on 6/12/13 10:55 pm - New Port Richey, FL

I had numbness in my left arm after my first surgery, i was told it was because of the way you lay on the operating table. No one seemed really concerned about it. It eventually went away. Do you have any herniated discs in your neck? I've gotten numbness in my pinky and ring finger due to herniated discs. So it might be something to do with your spine. Best idea is to call your Doc just to be on the safe side.  Don't worry, though.

HW: 402, Nov 2012, down 89 lbs.      VSG 6/18/13 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 129 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 383 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 418 views