Weight Gain

livingthegoldenlife
on 6/16/13 1:11 pm - TX

Thank you Karen your words and story are very encouraging, I am going to step on the scale tomorrow afternoon (i work nights off at 7) and go from there. 

slimpickins5280
on 6/16/13 1:52 pm - CO

My suggestions are going to be a little different than some of the other posters.

If getting on the scale is going to **** with your head even more, than don't do it. Go put on a pair of pants from your smallest size. When they fit nicely again, you'll know you are close to your original goal weight. The scale is a major head **** for a lot of people. If you are already worried about what you are going to see, don't bother getting on.

There are some other things, though, that you will need to face.

*Your eating. You should be logging every bite that passes over your lips. Logging food is an important step toward total self-honesty.

*Once you figure out what you are eating and how much you are eating, you need to take a look what needs to change. I don't know what eating plan you used the first time to lose all of that weight, but whatever it was, do that again. A lot of folks do well on this: 800 calories a day, 80+ grams of protein, 30 or less grams of carbs. Start doing what you did the first time. Some folks go back to protein shakes for a day or two just to reset their carb cravings, but that's up to you.

*Water/fluid - 64 oz a day is minimum for someone who is lying in bed comatose. You should be getting closer to 100 oz a day of water or some caffeine/sugar free fluid.

*Exercise - Start moving more than you already are.

*Forgive yourself. This is a journey. You did it once, you can do it again. Make a promise to the person you see in the mirror right now that you are going to make, and stick to, a plan. When you get to goal again, you are going to do some things differently. Make a separate plan for after you get to goal (maintenance). The folks that are most successful on this forum are the ones who have and execute a plan. It is crucial to have a plan during the weight loss phase.

Now you know that it is also crucial to have a plan for AFTER the weight loss phase.

Good luck.

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

livingthegoldenlife
on 6/16/13 1:59 pm - TX

Thank you slimpickins that is a wonderful suggestion to use my clothes as a goal because I have a bunch and I mean a bunch of clothing from last summer that I can not even think about slipping into again.  You guys are so wonderful and helpful I love this website

MadlyInLovewithChees
e

on 6/16/13 2:48 pm
VSG on 11/25/13 with

i hear journaling is a really great way to keep yourself accountable.  you can even just make a commitment to share it with someone once a week so you HAVE to stick to it and be honest with yourself.

do you still feel any restriction?

livingthegoldenlife
on 6/16/13 2:53 pm - TX

@madlyinlovewithcheese Yes I do feel restrictions and can definitely still feel when I have eaten too much.

MadlyInLovewithChees
e

on 6/16/13 3:01 pm
VSG on 11/25/13 with

you can totally do this!!

Valsdetermined2lose
on 6/16/13 9:42 pm

Hey i remember you! You did great losing weight, and we are in the same boat. Recently i started back to basics because of a 20 pound gain. My lowest weight was 165 post op then started gaining slowly because of poor eating habits and tummy tuck surgery where i had complications and couldnt work out for almost  6 months. I have lost 10 pounds already in the past month. I adopted the same diet program that i did when i was first sleeved. Protein shakes and keeping calories beween 600 to 800 a day and its working. My hunger is more head hunger if anything, i noticed im full still after a few bites, protein first and lots of water. You can do it, just take one day at a time and you'll lose again.

Good luck

HW-267-SW-253-CW-167 I LOVE MY SLEEVE!!!

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 0 replies · 18 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 0 replies · 18 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 193 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 279 views