Weight Gain

livingthegoldenlife
on 6/16/13 12:04 pm - TX

I had the gastric sleeve in dec 2010, did really good, i mean really good had good restriction and no hunger, went from 280+ to 160 lbs a little low but I thought yes i did it... But now it is june 2013 and I have gained so much weight and eat so much more, more mental eating to because most of the time I'm not actually hunger just eat.  Part of it comes I think comes from being married recently 12-12-12. I am about 180+ I don't know my true weight because I will die if I get on the scale and see any higher number.  I really need some help and some suggestions on what I can do to shed and get my sleeve back to working like it should.  Please please any suggestions or comments are welcome, except for negative ones thank you and have a good day.

acbbrown
on 6/16/13 12:11 pm - Granada Hills, CA

You know how to lose weight. You did a fantastic job already. But you need to take some time and figure out WHY you are gaining weight. Obviously mental/emotional eating will lead to weight gain. 

Therapy might be a good option just to sort things out. 

You should try and identify your triggers - what situations/emotions make you reach for food and why? Just things to think about. Once you identify those, you can start to get control. 

Look at your food choices - most of the time, emotional eating doesnt lead us to a veggie and meat tray - we are picking up carbs, fats, and lots of sugars. Try and eliminate those from your house/routine.  I am and will probably always be an emotional eater - but I can do a whole lot less damage by snacking on pre-slice peppers, cucumbers, carrots and celery. 

Dense protein is going to fill up your sleeve and keep you full longer. That should be your focus if you want to get back to using your sleeve the way is was intended to work. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

livingthegoldenlife
on 6/16/13 12:14 pm - TX

Thank you for your reply, I know working nights plays a large part of why I eat so much or too much at times

happyteacher
on 6/16/13 12:25 pm

Here is where I would start.

1.  Get on the scale.  Avoiding it is not helping you.  It might be rough to see, but you need to be very clear about where you are at and what you need to do to get back on track.  

2.  Track your food and measure everything.  

3.  Exercise.

4.  Back to basics, protein first, no drinking after eating or with a meal, take your vitamins, etc.  

5.  Get rid of all the junk food or trigger foods in your house.

6.  Plan your meals and snacks.  

You can do this.  Everyday fill your head with thoughts about how you were during your weight loss phase and succusful, and start doing those behaviors again.   Good luck.

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Keith L.
on 6/16/13 12:37 pm - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12
My first suggestion is cut the denial crap and own it. Get on the scale and find out where you really are. Stop hiding from it and get back into the routine that got you own to 160. If you are really only 180 something hn 20 lbs should not be a problem.

Second stop blaming your marriage. Ther is only 1 reason you gained weight and it is all you. Take responsibility for where you are.

Once you take responsibility and own where you are, fix it. You know what to do, now do it. You lost 120 lbs before. Use the tool.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

livingthegoldenlife
on 6/16/13 12:46 pm - TX

Wow  y'all are a tough crowd but  y'all are right thanks!!!!!

Keith L.
on 6/16/13 8:59 pm - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12
That's was said with love. You have to be tough to succeed at this game and you already won once so you know what to do. Make a plan and stick to it like your life depends on it because it does.

acbbrown
on 6/16/13 1:19 pm - Granada Hills, CA

Awww beee niceee to us ....we need lots of hugs and hand holding, k thanks :)

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Keith L.
on 6/16/13 9:00 pm - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12
I can hug and hold hands and be tough at the same time.

(deactivated member)
on 6/16/13 12:46 pm
VSG on 06/04/12
Getting on that scale should really be your first step. I became obese because I ate and did not set foot on a scale for 5 years. I remember when I weighed 165 lbs and 5 years later I was at 210.. what a shock. The still in denial the next time I was at 245. This is the reason why I weigh everyday! Accountability to myself - I own my weight good or bad but the lesson I learned in my life was that to ignore an issue doesn't make it go away, it only sits there festering and will get worse.

You did take a great step today by posting here! You can get back to where you were because you know how to do it. We are here to help but its up to you to own it and make the choice to do something about it.
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 67 views