Need some advise

tazman74
on 6/18/13 2:38 am - lakeville, MN
VSG on 01/31/12

Hello friends,

It has been a while since I have posted and I need some help. I switched my job and now I am an over the road truck driver and I am having a tough time finding GOOD choices for snacks on the road. I don't like to snack but there are times that I need them with the hours I keep. I do have a camp stove,Grill and a good cooler and I keep yogurt on hand for breakfast daily. I try to keep protein shakes on hand but they take so much room in my cooler. I just started to get into hard boiled eggs for a snack.

any advise will help also need some easy to due exercise on the road and I do walk a lot but need to do some strength training.

thinathart
on 6/18/13 2:50 am

I enjoy tenderbites jerky or turkey jerky as a snack.

band2sleeverevision
on 6/18/13 2:52 am
VSG on 02/25/13

Beef jerky is a good high protein snack that doesn't need refrigeration. Try resistance bands for strength training-they're easy to pack and you can get them in different resistance levels.

Do you use powder shakes? The unjury strawberry powder is good with crystal light lemonade and only takes water to mix. They sell sample packets (in fact they're running a special right now).

sleevegirl
on 6/18/13 2:54 am - Austin, TX

Jerky, pumpkin seeds (they're not great, but they are great for when you need to fiddle with something too to stay awake or keep from eating chips or something). Cheese sticks, laughing cow cheese doesn't need to be refrigerated. Dehydrated kale chips (or any veggie really - I do it and my own jerky at home). Apples and other fruits if you're in maintenance.

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

themexcellentone
on 6/18/13 3:02 am
VSG on 07/08/13 with

Could you get a resistance band and carry it with you?  That might be a good way to get some resistance training in.  Also, protein powders that can be mixed with a bottle of water would be a way to save space.

VSG by Nick Nicholson in 2013. Revised to DS 2/23/2023 by Chad Carlton.

ArmyWife29
on 6/18/13 3:07 am - GA

My go to snacks while traveling are Ostrim Jerky sticks, Sargento Light Mozzerella String cheese, and Emerald Cocoa Roasted Almonds (they have other favors too!).  I also recommend the protein powder.  You can go to the baby aisle at Target or Walmart and get a powdered formula dispenser and measure out three shake servings into it...that way to can dump in right into a blender shaker bottle, add water (keep a 2 liter bottle in your cooler!) and waaalaaa...delicious protein shake!

Ht 5'4HW 232  GW 138

grayC
on 6/18/13 3:13 am
VSG on 05/01/13
How about some turkey or ham coldcuts that you could roll up with cheese..
Cheese sticks...if you want something that doesn't need to be refrigerated on amazon they sell parmesan crisps...high protein, low carb...good crunch..

Nancybefree
on 6/18/13 3:41 am
VSG on 11/21/12

Sargento Light string cheese sticks; turkey pepperoni; Swanson mini cans of chicken (3oz).

These are all easily quantifiable foods which are also valid protein sources without being carby.

5'8"    HRW 357 on 7/09/12    SW 339   >196 8/26/13 (surgeon's goal)   TWL  193     CW   164 

*:•-:¦:-•:*1st pers. goal 178 on 10/16/13; ultimate goal 164 on 12/13/13*:•-:¦:-•:* 

SophieNJ
on 6/18/13 5:53 am - Parsippany, NJ
VSG on 03/05/13

individual servings of tuna in foil packs....jif to-go.....

tazman74
on 6/19/13 1:07 am - lakeville, MN
VSG on 01/31/12

Thank you for all of the great help I needed it.

Most Active