In The Realm Of Hungry Ghosts, by Dr. Gabor Mate

MyTurn2012
on 6/18/13 9:57 am - Canada
VSG on 04/24/15

I highly recommend this book to anyone dealing with "head hunger" ..it truly is in your head..your brain chemistry to be exact!  I suspect the vast majority of us are food addicts..this is a book that has such strong revelations that it feels at times someone ha**** you in the head with a shovel!  My new surgeon apparently asks his patients to read this book.. so I thought I'd get brownie points reading it ahead of my 1st consult...thought it would be another " self help book"...this is light years ahead for me...I'm only halfway thru..and I'm planning on getting several copies and giving them as gifts to family and friends..it's a must read.  Be prepared to go deep into yourself, your past and challenge your thinking. 

starry957
on 6/18/13 9:59 am

He's a very interesting guy.  I've listened to him at a mental health and addictions seminar and he was very well-received.

January 8th, 2013 - VSG with Dr Paul Sullivan (St Joe's Toronto)

MyTurn2012
on 6/18/13 10:04 am - Canada
VSG on 04/24/15

He's doing a seminar tomorrow I think in Vancouver...wish I could go....maybe when he comes to the island I'll try and go...he has done "Tedx Talks" too..very good!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66cYcSak6nE&feature=share

kwhitehead9
on 6/18/13 11:01 am - OH

Just bought it on amazon - will start reading tonight - been having a lot of trouble with head hunger- thanks for the info!

Start    

MyTurn2012
on 6/18/13 2:44 pm - Canada
VSG on 04/24/15

Your Welcome! I can't say "enjoy" because it is very intense! I could only read maybe a chapter at a time..needed to put it down and just process....

christinahelena
on 6/18/13 1:15 pm - CA

Thanks! Im very intrigued and cannot wait to read it!!

christina

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 183 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 452 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 478 views