Examples of what you post ops eat..picking your brains! ;)

vixkix69
on 6/23/13 11:46 am

Hi, me again. Lol.

Can some of you old timers give me some examples of what you eat during the day? Like, what was your favorite clear liquids, full liquids, the pureed food? What was difficult to deal with? Also, how many calories you generally stick to, say,once  maintenance begins? And when can you start exercising?

What supplements, vitamins and brands do you recommend?

I'm just full of questions. I've probably seen the answers on here a million times, but I'm a little ADHD.

I appreciate your patience and assistance.

ArmyWife29
on 6/23/13 12:22 pm - GA

I can't speak on maintenance, but as far as clear liquids...I did a lot of water with Cherry Pomengrante crystal light :). Sugar free Popsicles were equally awesome as was sugar free jello.  For full liquids I introduced Premiere Ready To Drink protein shakes and GNC Wheybolic Extreme 60 powdered protein.  Also sugar free pudding and sugar free fudgesicles.  I have recently discovered the Dannon Light and Fit Greek yogurt and really wish I had come across it much earlier!  It is super tasty and packs a lot of protein for very few calories and carbs....I still can't finish a whole container in one sitting.  I eat a lot of center cut bacon and scrambled eggs now for breakfast.  I usually keep hard boiled eggs on hand as a quick snack as well, although I still can't quite finish the entire egg.  I also love Ostrim meat sticks and Sargento Skim Mozzerella cheese sticks.  I still have a protein shake every single day at 5 months out.  I also eat a lot of lunch meat and love to try new ones out when I hit the deli counter.  Boars Head London Broil and Butterball Smoky Chipotle Turkey are my two current favorites!  I also eat a lot of seafood...shrimp, scallops, and other light white fish.  I also keep a package of chicken meatballs in my freezer at all times because I can pop them in the microwave for a quick snack high in protein.

as far as vitamins, I chew two Flintsones complete multis each day and still take Nexium daily for another month. Mi haven't needed to supplement calcium because I hit my number every day with diet.  If you have Kroger, their Carbmaster Milk is awesome!  

Ht 5'4HW 232  GW 138

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 128 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 376 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 414 views