My One Year in Review with Picture

stephanieplum
on 6/27/13 7:15 am, edited 6/27/13 7:19 am
VSG on 06/27/12

It's been quite a journey full of ups and downs.  I have to give thanks to God, first because He has given me this incredible opportunity.  I was destined to be fat and unhealthy without this surgery.  I have to thank my husband; without his love and immediate support I would not be where I am today.  My family and friends play a very important role in this journey.  They love me, support me, pray for me, listen to me endlessly talk about what is /was happening to me.  My OH and MFP families are vital in my success, too.  Thank you.

My surgery process went rather quickly.  I was self pay.  I made an appointment with the surgeon on May 24 and on June 27th I was on the operating table.  We went to Yellowstone on vacation  before my surgery and that kept me from going nuts.  I purposely took pictures of me on that trip so I'd  have comparison pictures.  I  read the OH forum from top to bottom and tried to prepare as much as possible.  On the day before surgery, we did the necessary prep and paying the surgeon and the hospital.  When we were driving out of the parking lot, I told my husband I wanted to go back in for a refund.  The morning of surgery, my husband had to pull over so I could throw up.  I was overcome with anxiety.  My surgery went well.  The gas was horrible. I am no longer taking my blood pressure meds or my Celebrex.  My first two months were very difficult both mentally and physically.  After protein shakes, I would blow up like a balloon and be in agonizing pain.  So much so that I went to the emergency room and had a 2nd EDG.  I went through many kinds of proteins and when I switched to soy my world became a better place.  I was also experiencing times where I felt like I could pass out.  I was extremely tired.  Mentally, my mind would take me to bad places with every little ache and pain.  I was depressed.  I cried and questioned what I had done to myself.  My husband assured me I had made the right decision and that I couldn't take it back anyway.  I walked in the neighborhood during this time.  My husband walked with me.  I started back to work in August and things were shifting mentally and physically.  I began to start feeling better.  The weight was coming off. I visited the chiropractor during this time as my back and ribs were reacting to the weight loss and I needed frequent adjustments.
Fast forward...I now tolerate whey protein and I like my shakes.  I feel good for the most part.  I have a sleeve of steel.  I still have aches and pains.  Genetics and being overweight has taken a toll on my body.  I have the pleasure of having gallbladder surgery on July 2nd.  I've lost 128# from my highest weight, 111# (7# pre-op) since surgery.  I've  lost 81+inches.  I started in size 24/26 pants and 3X tops.  I am now wearing size 10 and medium tops.  Depending on the size...I do own a size small blouse and did try on and fit into a size 8 pair of capris.  I'm just proud I can shop in the misses section.  I remember my surgeon asking me where I would be happy and I said under 200 and shopping in the misses section.  I think I've blown that out of the water. 
I'm working out consistently.  My husband and I bought bikes and we ride or we walk.  I work out with a personal trainer.  I'm am not a fanatic and don't love to exercise but do it out of necessity.  I want to be healthy and strong.
I'm 4# from my goal and may lose another 5# for some cushion.  I follow the 600-800 calories (more toward 800 now days),  average 70-90 grams of protein and stay under 50 carbs most days.  I have taken a few self inflicted vacations where I have eaten mindfully but have not stayed with in my guidelines.  I've always gotten right back on track which was something I've never done.  I log my food and I get my water in-14cups.  I enjoy my food.  I'm trying to go for quality of food, however chips and M&M's have passed my lips.  I  still miss the quantity of food I used to eat but I get over it pretty quickly.  There are days where I still stress eat.  I'm not perfect but I am consistent.
Maintenance will bring it challenges, I'm sure.  I'm ready for the challenge. 
Oh! And,  I have loose skin.  Life is good!
Blessed and Thankful!

SuzyNZ
on 6/27/13 7:29 am
VSG on 09/17/12
You look awesome! Love the white shirt you have on

Suzy wink (Age: 41, Height: 6'1,  SW: 169.4kg/372lb.  CW: 80.5kg/177lb.  Total lost: 88.9kg/195lbs)

stephanieplum
on 6/27/13 9:06 am
VSG on 06/27/12

Thank You, Suzy!  

A. Robinson
on 6/27/13 7:30 am - Columbia, TN
VSG on 04/29/13

You look awesome. Congratulations on your success!

stephanieplum
on 6/27/13 9:06 am
VSG on 06/27/12

Thanks!  Looks like your half way there!

Shagdoll
on 6/27/13 7:33 am

YOU.LOOK.AMAZING!!!!!

I didn't know about your story; thanks for sharing!  Sorry you had a rough start but it looks like things are looking great for you now.  I am so happy for all your success my friend.  You look beautiful & happy. 

CONGRATULATIONS!!! angry

Jenn  

WWBD?  

stephanieplum
on 6/27/13 9:08 am
VSG on 06/27/12

Thank You, Jenn!!!  I always appreciated others sharing their story!  Yours included!  xo

ParisGirl
on 6/27/13 7:33 am
VSG on 04/25/13

LOVE LOVE IT...and LOVE YOU!!!! Pinky puffy hearts everywhere!!!

You know that I think you are the bee's knees!

Anyone reading this, you must follow this woman and take stock in what she has to say.  She is consistent and determined and she didn't get this far without hard work, proper nutrition and exercise. 

stephanieplum
on 6/27/13 9:09 am
VSG on 06/27/12

Love you, Gurl!!  Thank you!!! Puffy Pink Hearts!!!

themexcellentone
on 6/27/13 7:35 am
VSG on 07/08/13 with

Congratulations!  You look fantastic and I bet you feel equally as good! 

VSG by Nick Nicholson in 2013. Revised to DS 2/23/2023 by Chad Carlton.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 71 views