Gas Pains, Stomach Acid ? Not sure what it could be thoughts?

puzzled
on 6/28/13 2:21 am - Palatine, IL
VSG on 05/20/13

So, yesterday and today I have had some horrible pains in my lower right side. Sometimes they move to the left and yesterday they were also in my left shoulder (after I ate lunch). This morning they started when I stood up from my desk for a bit. Does this sound familiar to anyone? Wondering if it could be gas pains. I realized this morning I had forgotten to take my PPI. So, I just took it about a half hour ago. Yesterday after lunch yesterday I was in so much panel and all I could find to take was Tums but, after about 20 minutes the pains went away. 

Does this sound like my PPI is no longer strong enough? I thought maybe the stomach acid becomes less the further out from surgery but something tells me this may not be correct thinking. I am going to check with my doctor on Tuesday as well since that is my 6 week check-up (or earlier if the pain gets worse or continues). Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

emelar
on 6/28/13 2:34 am - TX

Gas pains, acid, gall bladder, late onset dumping - all possible.  Sounds like a trip to your doc - or at least a phone call - is in order.

akr9911
on 6/28/13 3:19 am
VSG on 06/20/13

Def bring it up at your visit. My head immediately went to GB when I was reading your post though.

HW 259 SW 251 CW 217 M1-20.5 M2 -7.5 M3 -4 M4 -2

princesswimmer24
on 6/28/13 3:40 am - VA
VSG on 08/05/13

I thought gallbladder as well when I read this. I have similar pain before mine was removed. Hopefully your Dr can shed some light on it.

puzzled
on 6/28/13 5:48 am - Palatine, IL
VSG on 05/20/13

Thank you for your reply. I ended up calling my surgeon's office and they were thinking possible gallbladder too. I was sent to the hospital for some blood work and an ultrasound. Unfortunately they could not do the ultrasound since I ate lunch. So, I am going back this evening for that part.

princesswimmer24
on 6/28/13 10:30 am - VA
VSG on 08/05/13

Glad they are taking it seriously and making sure all is ok with you. Please let us know what they find out and hope you find some relief soon!

puzzled
on 6/28/13 10:37 am - Palatine, IL
VSG on 05/20/13
Just got back from hospital. They gave me the ultrasound results right away. Every thing looks good. In fact, she said my gallbladder looks remarkable ( gee never got a compliment like that before). She also said no stones. She did say that I had a lot of bowel gas in the center (where it currently hurts).

Birdie55
on 6/28/13 10:40 am

Glad you checked with your doctor and everything was OK.  You never know, so if it's painful enough to worry you, good to call about it.  

Ht 5' 4  SW 181  GW 120 - 125  Age 61  CW 130

Edit   Delete          

princesswimmer24
on 6/29/13 10:06 am - VA
VSG on 08/05/13

Happy that all is good. I was just talking to hubby and saying I needed to come and check to see if you had received results!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 63 views