Three years gone!

debradl774
on 7/7/13 9:47 am

Hello everyone!  It has been a long while since I have been on here!  I was 265 pounds and got down to 163.  I am at 180 right now and need to get back on track.  Help me!

lil1inside
on 7/7/13 10:25 am
VSG on 07/10/13

That is a wonderful weight loss....  I'd be so happy to have that!  You can get back on track, try to get back to the higher protein lower carbs, which always works wonders I hear.  You've come so far, don't give up now!

Started at (266 lbs)          Pre-op (249) 7/10/13             Present (173) 03/19/14
No star is lost once we have seen, We always may be what we might have been.
Adelaide Proctor

TexasProud
on 7/7/13 10:59 am - Frisco, TX
Hi! It will be 2 years for me in November. I started at 368. Today I'm bouncing around 200 lbs. A 170 lb weight loss is nothing to scoff about, but It's becoming easier for me to eat more so I need to re-commit, too. I know we can both do it. Eat more of the dense protein that we know makes us full, less of the carb-based food, plenty of water. And i am going tomget back logging my food with myfitnesspal.com. That's a great tool to keep me in check. Good luck!

lucy2e
on 7/7/13 11:47 am - Laurel, MD

Hi - you know the drill, just need to get back to it!  Make sure you are having at least 64 oz of liquids (caffeine free and under 8 cal per 8 oz) per day.  Eat every 3 - 4 hours starting each meal with dense protein. After protein have veggies.  Limit your carbs!  Your protein each day should be over 60 grams a day.  

You can do this - you have the track record, you have done it before and can do it again!

Lucy  (Imma Loser!)
  LilySlim Weight loss tickers                  
HW 335 SW 311 CW 181.2 -- Goals:  Twoderville - 6/7/11, 280 - 7/1/11, 260 - 8/1/11, 240 - 10/30/11 Centry Club - 11/22/11, 220 - 12/27/11 Onederland - 5/25/12, 180 - , 170 (surgeons goal) -  
We shall see where this leads...  

pineview01
on 7/7/13 2:21 pm - Davison, MI

My DD is almost three years out.  She regained 20 at two years out and has maintained that this past year.  The center told her that was normal and she is were here body needs to be.  She to is OK with 185 but looked really good at 165.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

gonersmom
on 7/8/13 4:29 am
I'm in the same boat....I'll be an accountability partner if you need one. I SURE DO!

This morning I decided to get back on the OH boards for some encouragement. It's been about 1.5 years for me.

Had my surgery 3/11, lost 103# in 6 months, then with a couple of non related surgeries over the past 2 years, each requiring no lifting, going slow, etc for up to 12 weeks each....bad habits crept back in. Add to it, a few 'head' issues of not being able to handle the extra attention/comments of 'how sexy' I was getting due to assaults/molestations as a younger person, I regained about 35#. I am committed to my goal of another 80# loss over the next year....I am working on getting the 35# regained off by this Oct. which will be where I was in Oct of 2011.

Another hospitalization last month due to degenerative disc disorder/arthritis I have taken another 8# off, so I am on my way!

Eating 6 small protein mainly snacks a day, drinking water, staying as active as I am able with my back is how I'm starting. Keep me posted on your successes....we can do this. It's just a matter of making our health a priority.

Let me help you with bariatric friendly cooking.  www.pamperedchef.biz/gawnecooking
debradl774
on 7/16/13 5:39 am

you know what?  I will take you up on your offer!  I do need an accountability partner.  I woke up this morning and had two eggs.  I have had 16 oz of water and 16 oz of diet tea.  I promise to write you everyday please tell me what you have had today.  I woke up and weighed in at 178.0.  I really want to do this!  Lets do it!

debradl774
on 7/16/13 5:45 am

thank you so much for all the wonderful encouragement.  I am ready to get back on track!

gonersmom
on 7/17/13 8:42 am
I am sorry, I haven't been online for about a week. Please feel free to write me. If you PM me I can get my email addy or facebook info to you. I love this forum but since I use my phone 90% of the time, it's just too small to read for my old eyes! LOL

Thanks for the accountability too! I had 2 fried eggs this morning. Large iced coffee with 1/2 & 1/2. 12 oz. Propel fitness water. Lunch was 1/2 sandwich of roast beef and marinated onions (so no butter or mayo). That was a splurge with the bread, but if I maintain the rest of the day I will be fine. Dinner is planned to be cucumber/onion/sour cream salad and probably a burger from the grill. The heat here is making it quite easy to get in the fluids. I've already had 64oz. total and it's only 6pm.....I'll be up til midnight at the earliest so I'll plan another 64 before I hit the hay.

I am down 13# since June 4th when I was discharged from my latest hospitalization. Back pain is truly something that will make you get back on track FAST! LOL

Let me help you with bariatric friendly cooking.  www.pamperedchef.biz/gawnecooking
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 179 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 451 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 475 views