Surgery on Thursday... IF I pass my cardiac workup tomorrow....little frustrated....

CToddRobbins
on 7/22/13 6:46 am - NC
VSG on 07/25/13 with

Thanks! 

HW 327 lbs   SW 294 lbs Surgeon's GW 210     My GW 190

princesswimmer24
on 7/22/13 6:39 am - VA
VSG on 08/05/13

I completely understand your frustration! I'm sure the tests will come out just fine and you will have your surgery on Thursday as scheduled. My Dr just switched me to a pain patch since I can't take the pills after surgery. Hopefully I won't run into any issues at my preop appt on Thur. Good Luck and look forward to hearing about your progress!

CToddRobbins
on 7/22/13 6:48 am - NC
VSG on 07/25/13 with

Thank you! Good luck with your appointment and surgery as well!

cappy11448
on 7/22/13 6:54 am

I hope your tests go smoothly, and you can have your surgery as scheduled. 

The pre-op liquid diet was tough for me as well, but soon it'll be a distant memory, and we'll be sharing success stories from the "Loser's Bench."

best wishes,

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

great.lakes.girl.
on 7/22/13 7:23 am
Good luck, wishing you the best!
(deactivated member)
on 7/22/13 7:25 am - Greater Austin Area
VSG on 02/03/12

I really hope that everything works out. The anes. should have looked at your EKG sooner and been prepared. They are trained to deal with extra calculations and patient issues that may need to change what they give you. Why she is exasperated by doing what she has to do every day and is trained to do is beyond me. It sounds to me like she was just having a bad day and taking it out on you. I had to have extra anes. one time and it was not a big deal. They adjusted right beforehand like no big deal. I hope you get everything taken care of ASAP.

Nikke2003
on 7/22/13 7:29 am - PA
VSG on 05/13/13
Sorry to hear for the frustrations... hang in there and let us know how it goes!

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

CToddRobbins
on 7/22/13 7:48 am - NC
VSG on 07/25/13 with

Thanks everyone for the encouragement! I went back and read my post after I calmed down and realize that I sounded quite whiny. It could be the emotional roller coaster that this liquid diet has put me through. 

The thought of delaying this surgery gives me a headache. I am ready for a seat on the loser's bench!

themexcellentone
on 7/22/13 8:55 am
VSG on 07/08/13 with

There's plenty of room here...the butts on it just keep shrinking.  :)

VSG by Nick Nicholson in 2013. Revised to DS 2/23/2023 by Chad Carlton.

Bayoubabie98
on 7/22/13 10:30 am

Oh, I know that must be frustrating!  Hopefully everything works out quickly, stay positive!

I had to have a cardiac clearance as well because of my high blood pressure.  Nearly three years ago I had to go through this for my gallbladder surgery.  The cardiologist cleared me but I had to go back after surgery so they could do a nuclear stress test which came back inconclusive so then I was sent for a PET scan.  Finally I learned I had very early stages of calcium buildup in two places but was told it was so mild that it could be treated with diet and exercise.  So I became an exercise mania****il about 10 months later when I tore the meniscus in my left knee (that's an entirely different story).  Fast forward to last week and a new cardiologist who now tells me that he has no idea why the previous cardiologist put me through all that when he had already cleared me for surgery.  The new cardiologist tells me that my current EKG is normal and all labs are normal (perfect cholesterol) that he WOULD clear me for surgery but can't because of my past history of an inconclusive nuclear stress test and PET scan.  He is sending me to have a nuclear stress test all over again next week!  Boooooooooo.  He also explained that morbidly obese individuals often have false positives for these tests due to size.  What???  I'm 'so confused.  Naturally I want to follow my doctor's advice and be safe but I'm so afraid that it may get to the point where they tell me that I can't have surgery for some reason.  I had gallbladder surgery August 2010 with no issues and I had my knee surgery last June with no issues.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everything works out!  For me AND for you!!!  :)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 266 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 327 views