Soreness

NJNiceGuy
on 7/24/13 3:02 pm - NJ
VSG on 07/19/13

I was wondering how long did some of you feel sore on your left side around your incisions? Did it last a couple days, a week, or longer? And did it effect your ability to walk?

Thanks

(deactivated member)
on 7/24/13 6:34 pm

for me it was about a week, but two full weeks before I could lie on my side. I had no trouble walking, but getting up from a seated position or lying down was tough for the first 5 days or so.

themexcellentone
on 7/24/13 8:41 pm
VSG on 07/08/13 with
I was super sore for the first 2 weeks. Now that I'm going into week 3 post-op, it's still a bit painful but not unbearable. I have finally been able to sleep on my left side this week, but I rest my side in a pillow to splint it. Walking briskly hurts only because I'm jiggly. Otherwise it is not so bad.

VSG by Nick Nicholson in 2013. Revised to DS 2/23/2023 by Chad Carlton.

rissa1224
on 7/24/13 10:21 pm - NJ
VSG on 12/05/12

I was sore for the first 2 weeks, but mostly I had gas pains in my shoulders that took a while to go away. So that pain was more than soreness on the incisions. I always kept walking even if I would just walk out of my room down the hall and back. Every 20 minutes or so. Then I would slowly go further and further each day. I also didn't take much pain medication- I hate it. So my 'healing' felt like it took a lot longer than others.

NJNiceGuy
on 7/24/13 10:30 pm - NJ
VSG on 07/19/13

Thanks for the replies so far.  As far as gas pains I have had them but they have not been to bad as I have been able to rid myself of the gas pretty good... and I am not taking much pain medication also except at night to sleep a little more comfy.  My only issue has been the soreness around my incisions which makes it a little hard to walk.  

I am doing the same thing which is walking from the living room to the bedroom. Hopefully it gets better and I will be able to make it to the backyard soon where I can walk up and down my driveway. 

hollykim
on 7/25/13 1:48 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
I was sore only a few days and was walking two hours after surgery. I was lying on both sides and my back on surgery day. Not e eryone has a lot of pain. Maybe you will be one who doesn't . Gl

defygravity
on 7/25/13 1:57 pm - NE
VSG on 07/10/13

The incision on your left side is where they remove your stomach so it's (supposedly) always the sorest.  It was for me, too.  It was sore for about a week then not so bad.  I found that if I walked too much or too long, all of my insides seemed to hurt during the first 1-2 weeks.  Things seem to be back to pretty much normal now and I'm two weeks out yesterday,

~ Colleen                                       Instagram

"It is our choices... far more than our abilities that determine who we are."         

HW 232; SW 223; 1stGW 199;  2ndGW 170  

Most Active