okkkk so what's going on here?

soprofound
on 8/5/13 10:02 am - roswell, GA
VSG on 07/30/13

since those noises in my stomach have gone away, i can't tell really too much that i had surgery a few days ago outside of the scars.

something is weird though. I have no hunger whatsoever, that is until i eat or drink. i noticed when i drink my protein shakes, i get what seem like hunger pains. and im sipping slowly. so today, the dr says i could have soft foods like tilapia etc so for dinner, i broiled a piece of tilapia and had some egg salad. i ate half the tilapia and a couple for fulls of egg salad and again, the hunger feeling. has anyone experienced that?

cmgrayson
on 8/5/13 10:06 am
VSG on 06/25/13

It is probably stomach acid, did your doc prescribe something for that? I get that a lot. It's not hunger, so you may wanna give it a bit before eating anything....

soprofound
on 8/5/13 10:15 am - roswell, GA
VSG on 07/30/13

oh ok. yes he gave me something. so does it get better with time?

f4eva
on 8/5/13 10:17 am

I haven't had surgery yet but I'm kind of surprised you are at soft foods already.  My plan I don't get soft foods until after 28 days and I think most people here are about 4 weeks out before they go to soft foods also.  But I guess the best thing is to follow your doctor's plan.  :)

soprofound
on 8/5/13 10:37 am - roswell, GA
VSG on 07/30/13

this is my doctor's plan. I had my 7 day post op today. he told me to go to soft foods for the next month. he told me things like the juicer fish like tilapia and eggs. 

claimmaster
on 8/5/13 10:52 am - OK
VSG on 07/05/13

Wow!  I am blown away by how much you can eat!  I'm 4 weeks out and eat a tablespoon of chicken salad.  That's my big meal.  LOL

Jane

Starting weight: 320       Goal weight: 145      Surgery Weight: 298      Current weight: 215         Check out my blog at www.thebariatricvegan.com

Weight loss month 1-22  2-13  3-12  4-16  5-4  6-0  7-7  8-6

cmgrayson
on 8/5/13 10:52 am
VSG on 06/25/13
It gets better but you must must take the meds every day. I'm non compliant now (didnt take this morning) and I feel it like I want to bite someone lol. I just ate too.

Bella Italiana
on 8/5/13 12:54 pm
VSG on 08/17/13

I gotta agree with the poster who said it's too soon for real food.  I know all doctors have different plans, but how can your sleeve be healed enough for real food at 7 days?  I think it's risky, just my opinion.  I haven't had my surgery yet either (I'll have it in less than two weeks), but my doctor's plan doesn't allow fish until after 30 days.

cmgrayson
on 8/6/13 12:21 am
VSG on 06/25/13

Stick to your doctor's/nutritionist's plan and take the meds, I promise you'll feel better in like four to five days, if not I'd check in with the doctor/surgeon. I've also noticed that post op plans are all over the map (no way I could have done two weeks on clear liquids and frankly I chucked the protein drinks AFTER consulting with my nutritionist since I wasn't getting them in anyway). 

soprofound
on 8/6/13 2:31 am - roswell, GA
VSG on 07/30/13
On August 6, 2013 at 7:21 AM Pacific Time, cmgrayson wrote:

Stick to your doctor's/nutritionist's plan and take the meds, I promise you'll feel better in like four to five days, if not I'd check in with the doctor/surgeon. I've also noticed that post op plans are all over the map (no way I could have done two weeks on clear liquids and frankly I chucked the protein drinks AFTER consulting with my nutritionist since I wasn't getting them in anyway). 

why does everyone think im not sticking to my dr's instructions? lol at the end of my 7 day post op yesterday my dr said "you can move on to the soft foods diet now. this would include things like tilapia fish and refried beans. you can refer to your manual at home for more detail." 

but this issue has been since day 1.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 63 views