I Think I Was Blocked!

Vanessa_M
on 8/6/13 5:43 am

At first I thought I was mis-reading something, but someone whose opinion I value, I believe, has blocked me.  I'm blocked if I can't see their posts or replies to answers, right?  Maybe I'm more emotional than usual, but I don't know why they blocked me and if I did or said something to offend, I apologize.  

I did notice, though, that after I posted my picture, I've been blocked by one and ignored by others.  If THAT is the reason, that's fine with me.

VSG Surgery 4/30/2013

Dr. Rohit Patel, Cooper University Hospital 

jenn227
on 8/6/13 5:45 am - NJ
VSG on 03/26/13

Oh, no!  Maybe it was a mistake?  I don't think I saw your pix...when did you post?

Jenn   Highest weight: 278. Starting weight: 275. Surgery weight: 253. Month 1: 25 lbs. Month 2: 8.8 lbs. Month 3: 12.6 lbs. Month 4: 7 lbs. Onederland 7/29/2013. Month 5: 7 lbs. Month 6: 5 lbs. Months 7-9: self-induced maintenance, then 5 lb gain.

Vanessa_M
on 8/6/13 5:52 am

I posted pictures probably a week or so ago.  Just my 3 month update, but they were the first pictures I put up of myself since I've been on the site.  I noticed that some people that reply to EVERYBODY'S pictures didn't respond to mine.  Then, I was reading some of the posts on the forum and I kept noticing one person in particular was on the thread (either by replying to others or leaving the last comment) but I couldn't see what they had written.  Sounds like that person blocked me, right?  It's so weird!

VSG Surgery 4/30/2013

jenn227
on 8/6/13 5:53 am - NJ
VSG on 03/26/13

That is weird!  Maybe they hit something by accident though.  I missed your pix...I'll have to go look on your profile!

Jenn   Highest weight: 278. Starting weight: 275. Surgery weight: 253. Month 1: 25 lbs. Month 2: 8.8 lbs. Month 3: 12.6 lbs. Month 4: 7 lbs. Onederland 7/29/2013. Month 5: 7 lbs. Month 6: 5 lbs. Months 7-9: self-induced maintenance, then 5 lb gain.

jenn227
on 8/6/13 5:56 am - NJ
VSG on 03/26/13

LOL...I'm senile! I did see these...and you still look fabulous by the way!

Vanessa_M
on 8/6/13 6:06 am

LOL!  Thank you!  

VSG Surgery 4/30/2013

Nikke2003
on 8/6/13 5:59 am - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

While I don't know much about how the blocking thing works (haven't need to use it), I wouldn't read too much into the nonresponse or you'll drive yourself crazy! Sometimes people just get busy! I know that I have been on the forum everyday reading posts, but haven't responded much (or posted) for a variety of reasons! Hang in there!

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

Vanessa_M
on 8/6/13 6:07 am

Thanks!  I was just so surprised (and kind of disappointed).  Onward and upward!  People don't HAVE to reply to my pictures, but it's nice to get encouragement from "those that have gone before".  I really looked up to some of them.  Maybe I'm just having an emotional day!  

VSG Surgery 4/30/2013

edelu
on 8/6/13 5:57 am - los angeles, CA

Yeah you're blocked but don't take it personally.  sometimes people just don't like a particular point of view someone has or they get the vapors.  Seriously there are some on here that the fainting couch should be brought back for.  Can't imagine how they navigate their real lives.

Seriously do you really want to be reading posts from ******** who get their panties in a knot over who knows what?

I mean if you didn't have a disagreement with anyone then it's definitely their problem.  We have some pathological blockers here, as if the wisdom falling from their mouths is so precious, it will not be sullied by eyes that have a POV of their own.

Don't sweat it, you're in good company.

Nikke2003
on 8/6/13 6:00 am - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

If she really was blocked because she posted progress pictures, that's crazy LOL! I wish I knew if I've been blocked by someone, now I'm curious! I had a 2 week run where I was posting pictures left and right! HA HA! :)

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 66 views