WWYD

G5x5
on 8/13/13 1:55 am - VA

Videos are for education and outreach, and while they can maintain their usefulness, they start to become dated the day after they're made.  Don't automatically fret over the perception you're getting from the videos.

A bariatric doctor with 15 years experience and a good reputation in the community is a good place to start.  This doesn't ensure he's got what you need but it does present some indication you're moving in the right direction.

Skip the fretting and wait until your visit to just ask about these questions.  My doctor won't take 1st time office visits unless you've attended one of his introductory seminars.  Fortunately for us that tends to answer the basic questions I'm sure you have.

You can also research the doctors quality using several online resources to get a better feel for his outcomes.  Among the things you want to know is your doctors quality of outcomes and rate of complications.  You probably won't get a perfectly clear picture but you can get comfortable.

HW: 255 (6/5/13), SW: 240 (6/19/13), CW: 169 (9/16/14)

M1: -26,  M2: -17,  M3: -5,  M4: -13  M5: -12  M6: -11  M7: -8

M8-10: Skinny Maintenance (10k Training)   M11-13: On Break

M14+: **CROSSTRAINING FOR ALL AROUND FITNESS**

Google NSNG and learn the right way to eat each day

akr9911
on 8/13/13 2:26 am
VSG on 06/20/13

I'd go to the appointment and make a decision afterwards. In the meantime, I'd research other programs in the area to see if there was one that seemed like a better fit. My surgeon does a lot of bands (because that's what medicaid pays for...) and at first it concerned me but he obviously knew what he was doing experienced, etc and I felt comfortable with the entire program so I stayed with him and I'm glad I did. His practice is a center for excellence and that mattered a lot to me, and to my insurance.

HW 259 SW 251 CW 217 M1-20.5 M2 -7.5 M3 -4 M4 -2

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 76 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 279 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 332 views