A Year and a Day

sleevicidal_maniac
on 8/26/13 11:03 am

For some reason, I feel like the title of this thread should be preceded by "It seems like it's been" Well, for me it has been a year and a day. It's been a year and three days since my original VSG and a year and a day since my emergency do over. Oh boy, what a year it's been.

I really hoped to get to 100lbs lost by this milestone. For the past three months, I've been drifting between 205-210lbs, for a range between 90-95lbs. I changed up my routine, consistently tweak my diet and have been riding my bicycle about 60 miles per week to try and break the plateau. I think, however, that I may just be getting close to a physical bottom.

I have a little bit of loose skin left around my waist and my inner thighs, but other than that, I look like a totally different person. I feel like a different person too - a much better one. My life is very different and very much improved. 

My one-year appt with my surgeon was last week, but I missed my blood work appointment because - get this - I was at the race track competing in a race car that I built - and fit in! I am rescheduled for September 17th so I am going to jam as hard as I can in exercise and diet so I can hit the 100lb mark at least by the visit and feel like I made it in a year.

I have so much to say and to share and to talk about, but I think I'm going to work on a milestone blog post and revisit the forum in a few days when I write down my thoughts and publish them. I need to take my measurements and a bunch of photos and clean up my act as well as organize what has been good, bad and even ugly.

I mostly wanted to reach out and check in on my friends and OH family and say that everything is awesome and as bad as it may seem here and there because of the decision you made, or are considering making, that it is 110% worth it. I can easily look past the regret, delay, complications and discomfort and look ahead to the amazing life that is there for the taking. Every day is awesome. I hope each of you is doing well, hitting your goals and soldiering through the long hard parts of your amazing transformation. 

Be well, and don't be strangers. I promise to get a nice complete blog post up, a bunch of pictures and you know I will be back when I hit my 100lb milestone! I'll look forward to hearing from you all. God bless.

Member Services
on 8/26/13 12:10 pm - Irvine, CA

Congratulations on all your success!  angry

edelu
on 8/26/13 12:27 pm - los angeles, CA

On a race track competing in a car you built.  Damn but you are rocking your sleeve and i remember your start and man that was rough.  Love, that you are here.  Yeah Da Bomb! that's your new nickname.

sleevicidal_maniac
on 8/26/13 8:30 pm
When I first got sleeved, my nickname could have been "leaky" or "bleeder", and I don't even have a name to describe the sutures in my nerves, then for my indiscretions, I was rightfully called "gummy bear" so, I like the name "da bomb"

I'll tell you what, "fit" and "fast" also work for the first time in 20+ years.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 66 views