Pre-opp diet staalled, please help

Menchi
on 9/4/13 3:04 am
VSG on 09/11/13

I need to lose 30lb before surgery, I have lost 15lb but for several days now I have been bouncing back and forth between 265 and 264.  I am only eating half a cup of minestrone and two protein shakes a day.  I have cheated a few times but no more then 75 calories extra a day.  Nothing fried or with sugar in it and I stopped soda two weeks ago. Are the cheats causing the problem?  Also my husband suggest because I a working out almost every night for about 40 min or more that it is muscle growth, I am not that optimistic.  Any advice????

Stephanie R.
on 9/4/13 3:18 am - GA
VSG on 09/11/13
I'm wondering if you need more food. You aren't having much. What has worked for me is 4-5 small meals (to keep my blood sugar and metabolism level), high protein, low carb and medium fat.

Did your doc give you a nutritionist to talk to? They should be able to help!
datachick
on 9/4/13 3:26 am - WA
VSG on 10/26/12

As for working out a lot...muscle doesn't build as fast as fat comes off. I had my body fat % done once, and in three months I had it done again. In that time I lost 17 lbs of fat and gained one pound of muscle. So that's when I realized when we all say "well, we're gaining muscle!" it's not really one-for-one, or very fast.

Just keep following your plan, quit "cheating" so you don't beat yourself up or spend so much head space on this. They just want our livers to de-fat. So think about that--you want to do your best to support the surgeon and de-fat your liver. If you just follow the plan they've given you, you won't have to think about it and whatever happens with your body is exactly the right thing.

VSG 10/26/12 • HEIGHT 5'4"
GW = 140 lbs met Month 9
CW = 133
lbs
Loss per Month: 8 >  9 > 7 > SURGERY  > 15 > 10 > 10 > 10 > 7 > 5 > 6
  > 6 > 5 > 5 > 0

It works if you work it; it sorta works if you sorta work it; and it doesn't work if you don't work it.

Menchi
on 9/4/13 3:38 am
VSG on 09/11/13

I kind of planned some healthy cheats to get me through the first two weeks with them tapering off the second week and stopping the third.  I just started the third so no more, but I did get a hold of the nutritionist just to be safe. 

Menchi
on 9/4/13 3:46 am
VSG on 09/11/13

The diet offered cheats just not ones that I could do, I had to figure out alternatives.

great.lakes.girl.
on 9/4/13 10:13 am
Hang in there and stay strictly on your doctors diet. It is worth it in the end :o
Menchi
on 9/4/13 12:31 pm
VSG on 09/11/13

Thanks, I am trying. 

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 69 views