on 9/14/13 4:48 am
VSG on 08/06/12 with
Awwww. (embarrassed blushing)

thanks.

grayC
on 9/14/13 12:08 am
VSG on 05/01/13
What an AWESOME post Tom!!
I am fearful almost to the point of ridiculous about gaining the weight back..
Case and point...EVERYDAY since I realize that my ribs and hip bones stick out
Farther than my stomach while lying down, I wake up EVERY FREAKIN' MORNING frantically feeling for my ribs and hips...like it was all a dream and I'm going to wake up fat and depressed again....
I NEVER want to be the heaviest person In the room again, and that was always my truth...all my friends are thin and athletic and HEALTHY! Now so am I, ( well working on the athletic part) I never want to go back, but scared to death that I will...
My life has completely changed..I'm calm, cause my sugar is no longer spiking and dipping making me a heinous *****
I have almost a zen like quality about myself now...calm...everything is OK and so does my hubby ( VSG 6/10 down 96 lbs!!)
It's amazing to me how much our out of control diabetes effected us and our personalities ( such denial and shame for me on how I reacted over little insignifigant things)
I love that I'm now a get out and get moving type of girl...
My boys are happier cause I'm happier and that all that matters!
I did this surgery to not only live, but to live life, to see my boys married with children of their own, participate in the milestones of their life, and although my oldest is only 18 I want to be an active and fun Nana when the time comes...
VSG has not only given me my life back, it gave me a BETTER life than I could have ever imagined...

71dart
on 9/14/13 4:56 am
VSG on 08/06/12 with
Unfortunately for me my attitudes got worse because I used food as a calming drug. It has taken therapy to get a handle on it.

I'm happy for you Keep up the good work.

themexcellentone
on 9/14/13 4:11 am
VSG on 07/08/13 with

I can identify with pretty much all the things on your list.  I would add:

-Being afraid to sit on wall-hung toilets for fear I'll break them off the wall.

-Have to buy clothes with an X in the size.

-Be afraid to get down on to the ground/floor for fear I won't be able to get back up again.

Also, your picture looks fantastic!  You are looking great, and you look happy.  Keep up the great work!

VSG by Nick Nicholson in 2013. Revised to DS 2/23/2023 by Chad Carlton.

71dart
on 9/14/13 5:01 am
VSG on 08/06/12 with
Thank you for your compliment. I never got down on the floor. I just plain could not get up. I fell once about 3 yrs ago. It took 2 other people to help me up. I just wanted a backhoe to come and dig a hole beside me and push me in and cover me up.

themexcellentone
on 9/14/13 5:12 am
VSG on 07/08/13 with

I know the feeling!

Also, I share your progress with my husband.  He was sleeved last month, and started out at around the same weight as you did.  He is really encouraged by your progress! 

VSG by Nick Nicholson in 2013. Revised to DS 2/23/2023 by Chad Carlton.

linzeelee
on 9/14/13 4:37 am - Omaha, NE
VSG on 05/17/13
What a great post! And you and your wife look wonderful!!

I feel like I can just say "ditto" to many of the items on your lists.

Lindsay ~ 5'4" ~ HW (5/6/13): 280 ~ SW (5/17/13): 273 ~ CW: 140
Losses by month: pre-op: -8  M1: -18  M2: -12  M3: -13  M4: -9  M5: -10  M6: -12
  M7: -14  M8: -12  M9: -2  M10: -8  M11: -9  M12: -2  M13: -6  M14: -7

Member Services
on 9/14/13 4:47 am - Irvine, CA

You really struck a chord with some members!  Awesome post.

DreamAngel3372
on 9/14/13 5:02 am

Tom...you look GREAT!

You and your wife are a cute couple and you look very happy! 

I can relate to all of these...a big one for me is the booth seating. I not only want to be able to sit in a booth..I want to be able to sit comfortably and turn sideways!

I also want to be able to have a nice distance between me and the steering wheel of my car...belly is not currently hitting it...but I certainly would be more comfortable if more room.

I also look forward to spending time with my friends and having them not having to be worried about me every second..i.e. Can I walk that far, can I handle the steps, stopping and waiting for me or taking frequent breaks.

I did this as much for me as everyone else that cares about me and loves me.

To think this is realistically achievable in a year just blows me away!

-Sheri

Keep your dreams alive. All things are possible for those who believe.

71dart
on 9/14/13 5:20 am
VSG on 08/06/12 with
I hear ya. It's only been very recently that I did not panic as I was entering a restaurant. Asking for a table, hoping the chair was strong enough. Ya know the scene from Shallow Hal where Gwyneth Paltrow breaks the chair...

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 61 views