Sucralose/Splenda 'sensitivity' after 6 months??

SophieNJ
on 9/19/13 4:12 am - Parsippany, NJ
VSG on 03/05/13

I"m just over 6 months out, was happily enjoying my Torani sugar free syrups in coffee for the past 3 months, sometimes in yougurt.....then a few weeks ago, BAA BOOM!!  Dysentery now for weeks...several times a day.  I skipped the Torani today in my coffee today, and used a monk fruit product...was fine....but then several hours later, not thinking, I had a Dannon Light & Fit (which has sucralose) and, yep, you know what happened.

Did this happen to anyone else, suddenly having a reaction to this product?  I talked to my doc, he said it could be the antibiotics I'm taking in the form of eyedrops. I can't stop those just yet, so was trying out different foods...I really hope not, as that big tall decaf latte (almond milk) everyday is just so wonderful to start my day with.

thanks for any info.

Sophie

HW 275 SW 246 CW 162.5  GW 150  ( 5'1"  Over 1 1/2 inch lost in the last few yrs! LOL) lost 50 lbs on my own, stable for 3 yrs, gained back 21 during year b4 surgery.

Pattoncy
on 9/19/13 4:07 pm
A little over 3 months out I started having severe migraines with an aura whenever I consumed sucralose. It never used to affect me pre-surgery. I really enjoyed my Rt. 44 Sonic diet green tea and my skinny cinnamon dolce latte from Starbucks. But the headaches just weren't worth it. I can have a little bit here and there, but I really have to watch it.
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 69 views