Can I safely have weight entrees????

Alese M.
on 9/28/13 9:25 am - FL

Hi Sleevers....

I don't like to cook....!!!  I am post-op 2 mos and bored with some of the foods required ie:  Greek Yogurt doesn't do it for me.  I had one super shake but forgot where I bought it.  The one I am using now...yuck bt I must fini**** as it was $39.95....(no returns)...the first one was $52.00 but delish...Now I found my grocery store (Publix) in South Florida carries whey protein powder  carries a delish RTD shake called Premier Protein.  Winn Dixie carries this....

Ok, back to tv dinners.  They are easy, delish good variety and fast!   This is forever so I want to be comfortable and happy.  Has anyone tried the dinners?

Waiting for your responses.....

Thx, alese in FL xo

alese in SE FL    

Tracy D.
on 9/28/13 9:27 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Most frozen dinners don't have enough protein to do you much good and tend to be higher in carb than you would want this early out.  Perhaps some VETS on here have other ideas.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

princesswimmer24
on 9/28/13 9:29 am - VA
VSG on 08/05/13

I have tried some atkins frozen meals, but I only use them if/when I'm in a pinch. The carb count is pretty high as is the sodium. I figure I am struggling enough with my fluid intake don't want to counter act it with too much sodium.

Alese M.
on 9/28/13 9:41 am - FL

I did think of the carbs but decided if the protein is breaded I would push that off and as always there are potatoes and a small amt of veggies....The sodium doesn't scare me at this time as I have been in the ER 3 times for dehydration and one time with a home health care nurse providing the IV fluids at home in my picc line....

It seems I am so involved with what to make or eat.  My husband eats chicken, steak and pasta foods.  He is thin.  I am not a steak or pasta lover so I am fine there but I would guess Atkins would provide more protein foods and then follow up with protein shakes....

Thx, I needed some new ideas.

alese xo

alese in SE FL    

jenlaur1
on 9/28/13 9:57 am - Westborough, MA
VSG on 08/19/13

just putting it out there...I've been told that label reading is important to keep the carbs down and anything that is prepackaged will have a lot of sodium..just saying...that being said...what about premade meatballs, there are grilled fish, single portions out there..then there is things like a rotisserie chicken (so moist), chili that's made at the store..broccoli and cheese soup..a salad bar at the store..you can load it with mostly chicken or ham or other protein with a few veggies...and just a thought..have you ever thought about making a bunch of  meals say on a Saturday or Sunday and freezing them in individual portions?  That's all I have for now...lol.  Hope you can find what you like.. :)

Highest Wt: 264, band May '05, pre sleeve wt 235, current 189, personal goal 140

Alese M.
on 9/28/13 1:52 pm - FL

Thx Jen....you just gave me alot to work with.  I do buy fish sometimes fresh sometimes in the packages....I guess I just got myself overwhelmed with ideas to eat.  I am not far from my surg 7/30/13 and just finished my puree stages and adding more foods. 

Thx for the add'l ideas....Will do!

xo alese 

alese in SE FL    

sillymilly
on 9/28/13 10:40 am - NC
VSG on 07/17/13

I like cooking, but I really don't have time anymore (FT job and FT student).  Mostly I cook on weekends and refridgerate/freeze what I make, to eat during the week.  If you don't like cooking look up stuff you can make in a crockpot.  I can do wings, turkey or chicken bbq, italian meatballs with marinara sauce or turkey meatballs with fat-free gravy, or a roast or brisket in mine, then I have food for the next few days.

Another suggestion is the rotisierrie chicken they make in the grocery stores.  You don't have to cook it, and you get plenty of meat for leftovers.  Make chicken salad, throw some in the crockpot with bbq sauce, or my latest favorite, in the crockpot with marinara sauce and sliced mushrooms.

I haven't tried any of the frozen meals yet.  They all seem to have too many carbs to be worth my while.

Highest weight:  287    Surgery weight:  279   Current weight:  150

Alese M.
on 9/28/13 1:57 pm - FL

The crockpot sounds like a great idea.  I don't have one but will look into it.  I am not into the foods yet that you and Jen just mentioned ie the meats.  I can have dark turkey and legs as those are easily digestible and healthier than the white meat.  I love both....

alese 

alese in SE FL    

Keith L.
on 9/28/13 10:49 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

My advice...learn to cook. Much better fore you. Eating whole real unprocessed food will get you there much quicker than the kind of food you are talking about. 

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Ingrid K.
on 9/28/13 12:20 pm - Canada
I agree with Keith. You have invested a lot in the surgery so now invest in giving your body healthy foods. Learn to cook things you can. I will never be a gourmet chef but I have forced myself to cook and freeze meals. It will be much healthier for your body and lessen the likely hood of putting the weight back on down the road. Good luck to you
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 66 views