Bezoar - Anyone????

Ohiogirl
on 10/4/13 1:54 pm - OH
VSG on 10/02/12

I'm one year out - been having some stomach discomfort - feeling full before even eating (not like me), bloated, and overall so uncomfortable.  For some reason - out of the blue - bezoar keeps coming to mind - I researched and found that people who have gastic surgery are more prone to bezoars , especially if taking in indigestible fruit fiber (grape skins, etc), suppressing acid production , and slower stomach emptying.  Diabetics are prone also and undigested medications can cause them too.  So while I am not diagnosing myself - I saw my surgeon Thurs and he upped my Pepcid (can't tolerate PPI's) and said if not feeling better by  Monday to call and he will schedule an EGD or barium upper GI series.  So after being so uncomfortable all day - and having bezoar flash in my mind - decided to look it up.  

So has anyone had one or know anyone who has?  Would be interested to hear.

Paula

HuskerBrenda
on 10/5/13 8:38 am - Omaha, NE
VSG on 09/23/13
Okay, I had no idea what that word meant so I googled it. I shouldn't have.

I don't know of anyone who has had this problem, but it's got to be extremely rare.

I'm sure your doc can help.

45y/o  5'4" Sleeve 9/23/13 Dr. Thomas White  HW 245; SW 232.8; CW 141.8

Ohiogirl
on 10/5/13 9:53 am - OH
VSG on 10/02/12

Evidently no one has known anyone who had WLS with this - that's reassuring - when I was a medical practice manager for a gastro dr - we had two patients who had a bezoar during the ten years I worked there - one had a partial gastrectomy due to chronic ulcers and one was a child who chewed on her hair - so I have seen it happen - maybe that is why it keeps resonating with me.  Guess I will find out when I have the scope, I won't be surprised if I do- cause I have had some weird things in my 62 years - you know - if you live long enough . . . . lol

Paula

shess1025
on 10/11/13 2:13 pm - Novato, CA
I had one pre WSL....had both ovaries removed at he same time....,it was found during a follow up scan for a previous cancer,

VSG on 3/13/13 with Dr. Gregg Jossart. HW: 364. SW: 287. GW: 150. CW: 190

Most Active