What I learned on vacation in San Fransicso this week....

SophieNJ
on 10/4/13 8:07 am - Parsippany, NJ
VSG on 03/05/13

2 major things....

1) that while I really, really, really wanted to have a sourdough bowl of clam chowder at Boudins, I knew it was not good for me,  I'd never be able to eat much of it, and it wouldn't help my protein intake...I felt a little deprived, and sad that it was no longer an option..had the crab cake (no bun) and could not even fini****  I got over not being able to have the sourdough...although I did take 2-3 small bites of the bread and savored the flavor, I came to terms that those few bites would be enough. Lesson -  It's ok to 'miss' certain foods, or have a little bit, and life will go on.  No longer feeling I missed out on anything.

2)  I can ride a bike again!!  we rented and road across the Golden Gate to Sausalito, and even tho' I fell a few times, this old broad (61) really loved it.  (wrong bike choice - electric..while it helped tremendously up the hills, my feet didn't reach the ground, and when I'd stop, the weight of it threw me off to the ground...am bruised from head to toe).  But it didn't stop me...and 2 days later we rented again (with feet touching ground) and rode flat for 3+ hours. Grinned from ear to ear the whole time.  We both loved it so much, we are looking into buying bikes and finding trails/groups here to join :) 

Next challenge - managing a cruise in a few months.

Sophie

HW 275 SW 246 CW 162.5  GW 150  ( 5'1"  Over 1 1/2 inch lost in the last few yrs! LOL) lost 50 lbs on my own, stable for 3 yrs, gained back 21 during year b4 surgery.

(deactivated member)
on 10/4/13 10:54 am

Nice!

claimmaster
on 10/5/13 12:55 am - OK
VSG on 07/05/13

That sounds like a great time!  When I've gone to Nantucket and Martha's Vinyard, I've always wanted to rent a bike, but I was in such bad shape I didn't do it.  I'll be ready this next time.

Jane

Starting weight: 320       Goal weight: 145      Surgery Weight: 298      Current weight: 215         Check out my blog at www.thebariatricvegan.com

Weight loss month 1-22  2-13  3-12  4-16  5-4  6-0  7-7  8-6

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 71 views