Recipe of the Day! Crock Pot Ropa Vieja

danixbanani
on 10/30/13 12:45 am - NY
VSG on 10/12/12 with
"The name for this vinegary meat stew literally means "old clothes," a reference to the way the beef shreds into strands in the rich sauce."

I got this recipe from WW years ago and my husband LOVES IT.  I'm not so wild on it, I find the meat to be a little chewy but it has a nice flavor and it's an easy meal to conjure up.  My husband is allergic to apples so I leave those out and I forgot the damn red pepper so the meat is lacking some color haha. 

I made black beans on the side and brown rice for the hubby.  I ate before my husband so what's pictured below is his (first) plate!  He went back two more times!  lol  Here's the link to the recipe: http://www.weigh****chers.com/food/rcp/RecipePage.aspx?recip eid=110251

Additionally, have you all learned about these bad boys? 

Reynolds Slow Cooker Liners

LOVE THEM!  Makes clean up SO EASY!  Yeah they are plastic but they DON'T MELT...they are seriously amazing and I use them ALL.THE.TIME.  Buy them and love them!

Happy cooking!

xo, Danielle

band to sleeve revision and loving life!

You do you, and I'll do me

DanielleP
on 10/30/13 2:11 am - Philadelphia, PA
VSG on 04/29/13

Wow Danielle, that looks delicious and NO I did NOT know about the slow cooker liners! That could really change things for me because I know I'd use the crockpot more if I didn't have to think about cleanup so much.

danixbanani
on 10/30/13 4:00 am - NY
VSG on 10/12/12 with

Hey there, great name! ;)  hehe

Yes, love the liners!!! I totally use my crock pot more now because of them!

band to sleeve revision and loving life!

You do you, and I'll do me

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 66 views