4 days until my new life!!!

alicia0206
on 11/7/13 8:34 pm

My sleeve is schedule for the 12th of November, just 4 days away. Today and tomorrow will be my last days of work before medical leave starts! I have so much I need to get done around the house before surgery. I won't know what time surgery is until Monday at 4... its cruel to make you have to wait. 

So I will be on the puree baby food stage for Thanksgiving. Already decided I will be having puree sweet potatoes for dinner. Also, this Sunday I have asked my entire family, which isn't that large, if we can all go out to dinner since it will be my last time eating regular.... not that I am going to go crazy and order a huge meal or binge on everything I want, I will still order healthy and all that. But since I won't be able to enjoy Thanksgiving like them or Christmas dinner or any dinner for a while I thought it would be nice to have a sending off dinner... sending off the old me. 

Super excited for my life to change. I am only 22 and hope that I can achieve great things! I don't know what is realtisc weight loss goal is... I currently am 315lbs and my highest was 330/340... Ideally I'd like to be 175, a size large in shirts, currently a 4x and in pant size I have no idea... a 10/12? is that size possbile... I am currently a 26/28... I am 5'8 and have always carried my weight evenly around so I am pretty portioned well. 

One of my many concerns is how my tattoo's will look once I lose all my weight.. I have 11 tattoo's and the two I am worried about most is the ones on the back of my calf muscle. Anyone have tattoo before having WLS? How did they look after? 

Any advice would be nice!! 

Thanks! 

Alicia

AutumnAlways
on 11/7/13 9:52 pm
No advice from me since I am new here, but I just wanted to send my best wishes for a safe and quick recovery after your surgery on Tuesday! My surgeon appt is on Monday so I am just starting out, but I hope to be sleeved sometime in December or January at the latest.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Autumn

Tracy D.
on 11/7/13 10:20 pm - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Best of luck, Alicia - this is a very exciting time for you!   Because you are tall and evenly proportioned I predict that you will be able to get into size 12's.  At least that's what I've seen reported on these boards by people who are a similar size to you. 

Words of advice:  having meals with the family - whether it's out at a restaurant or around the holiday table -- is not about the food, it's about enjoying the people.  So there's no reason that you can't still "enjoy" the holiday meals.  Focus on the abundance in your life, not the lack of food choices, and on listening to other people and really connecting with them.  That's what makes a great experience.  No self-pity allowed this holiday season, OK?  You are doing something GREAT for yourself and you'll never have to see this weight again :-)

All the best to you! 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Motownkimmy1024
on 11/8/13 12:26 am - Detroit, MI

My surgery is scheduled for November 12th as well....It is very exciting and I am a little nervous as well.  I encourage you to stay positive and look forward to great results.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 71 views