How much can you eat?

happyteacher
on 11/25/13 7:37 am

I am up in the 40's somewhere, and there is no way in heck I could put down 12 ounces of dense protein at one time, or even not so dense protein.

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

cece58
on 11/25/13 8:05 am - CA

I said I was guessing on that as I couldn't remember the statistic. However, you are still only two years out. I think that you will find that you will be able to eat more as you get farther out. I understand that this is a touchy subject for many and I am happy that you are comfortable with your sleeve size and have done very well. I am just stating what research has concluded. I know what I can eat at 3 years out compared to my friends with larger sleeves at the same length of time since surgery. 

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us"
Lisa

(deactivated member)
on 11/24/13 2:02 am - Greater Austin Area
VSG on 02/03/12

Well my sleeve is still pretty small at about 2 years post op. I still can't eat much but I can eat more than the first few months. I'd say my capacity doubled in size from immediately post op to now. I can eat 2-2.5 oz of protein and a few bites of something else and that's it IF I'm eating protein in my meal. Carbs go down easier of course. I definitely eat a LOT LESS than my friend who had gastric bypass a month before me. So it's weird to me that you say to compare sleeve to RNY and that the sleeve stomach is way bigger. In my experience, my sleeve is way smaller than my friend's RNY pouch.  So you see, it's all so individual.  What you can eat sounds pretty normal for 1 year out for most. If you need to, start measuring your portions sometimes just to keep yourself in check. That way you'll be able to see if your portions are creeping on ya.

(deactivated member)
on 11/24/13 7:56 am

I am four and a half years out, I can eat about four small meatballs.  I usually only eat three.  I can eat an unlimited amount of carby sweets ( I don't, but I could).  In general, I can eat about two eggs for breakfast and nothing else.  I can also eat two bowls of Chinese hot and sour soup or about three ounces of meat and 1/4 cup veggies.  Hope this helps.

Jsaun
on 11/24/13 8:41 am

It helps to just talk about it and ask others questions on whats bothering you. So it doesnt seem out of the ordinary on what im eating. Thanks all....

Kelly-AnneH
on 11/26/13 5:43 am - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
I'm 17 months out and can comfortably leat 1 cup of hearty homemade soup or 1 slice of high protein/fibre toast topped with 1/3 cup cottage cheese or 1 egg scrambled with mushrooms, onions and cheese or 2 oz moist chicken or fish with 1/2 cup soft cooked veg or 1sliced apple with 1/2 cup Greek yogurt for dipping.

I can also eat MUCH popcorn, which is why we rarely have popcorn in the house.

Kelly-Anne

Highest 303.4, Surgery 263, Current 217.8, Goal 180

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 126 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 359 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 405 views