I want food.

alicia0206
on 11/22/13 1:59 am

I will be two weeks post op on Tuesday and I am still on all liquids... Today is a rough day and I just want to binge eat like I used to/ I just want to chew enjoy and swallow food... I am so not motivated to go walking, it doesn't help that it is ugly and wet and drizzling outside.... I just want to eat something... not necessarily bad food... but anything like a salad or a couple nuts or anything.... omg.... Need some support. 

Gail D.
on 11/22/13 2:24 am

I remember being at that point about 2 weeks out. I wanted something that wasn't yogurt or a protein shake. I was dying for an egg. Just an egg!

You'll make it. This too shall pass. I promise.

rperry7717
on 11/22/13 2:40 am

You can do it!  I am 3 weeks out and really sick of yogurt and shakes and mashed potatoes.  A walk will make you feel better!

Jackie T.
on 11/22/13 3:49 am - KS
VSG on 12/19/12

Hang in there!  You can do this, stay strong.

Highest Weight: 285 SW: 264.6 CW:163.1   Surgeon's GW: 189  PCP's GW: 165-170  

My GW:  154   MFP:  jteaford                  

grayC
on 11/22/13 4:14 am
VSG on 05/01/13

I find the only way to get thru those feelings is to get out of the house...

I find myself wandering stores just to occupy my mind and time so I don't wander to the fridge or pantry...

I have pretty much decided that in Sept I NEED to get a job, I'm not one of these people that can stay home and obsessively clean their houses to keep them busy, so I have to find other options....

Lauren Vento
on 11/22/13 4:48 am - Lake Elsinore, CA
VSG on 09/08/12

This is the moment when you really have to get in control of those thoughts, because a year from now when you feel like that and you CAN eat, you're less likely to make better choices.  Take some time and figure out what it is that is making you want food so bad besides texture.  Ask your doctor if you can ice chips.  If not, you need to get your mind on something else.

Certified Life Coach & WLS Support Coach

(deactivated member)
on 11/22/13 10:56 am

i'm 3 weeks out, have lost only about 11 lbs, and feel the exact same way.  i am beyond demoralized right now.  this totally sucks.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 74 views