Trouble with not snacking

SecondChanceMomm
a

on 11/24/13 6:28 am

I am working on the pre op diet.  I can have two shakes and on small meal.  The NUT said I can have an extra on since the ones I am drinking dont have enough protien in them.  I am hungry though.  I have been really good especially while at work.  I will hold off on morning shake till mid morning, then drink one for lunch with maybe a sf jello cup.  The NUT also said I could have a little more than 4 oz of protien at meal.  Thing is I am taking a bite here or there of chicken or a shrimp.  I am hungry.....  I havent eaten more than 15g carbs a day and just protien. But I am scared I will not lose before surgery which is on Dec 4.  I am just worried something will go wrong and it wont happen.  I have so many fears yet know in my heart it is the right thing for me.  I need the help.  I am hoping that after surgery the size and all will help me better control my eating.  I still have to tell my five year old I am having surgery.  This will freak her out a little since I had an episode this summer where I nearly died due to blood clots.  Hence adding to worries and fears about this surgery.  They have my meds mapped out and all and say it will be fine.... Just need reassurances from those that have been there that it will be ok.  :)

happyteacher
on 11/24/13 6:51 am

I am glad to read you are taking your pre op diet seriously.  Every little bit you take off right now will be hard fought, but puts you so much closer to goal.  And not just because your numbers will drop.  You are beginning to retrain your eating habits, and that is critical.  And it is terrible hard pre op, so I empathize with you.  But it is worth it, so don't give up.  Think about how you can space out your meals to maximize satiety.  Initially my NUT had me drink 2 shakes, and the small meal at dinner.  I was starving by night.  I switched the meal to lunch, and faired much better.  I was allowed 4 shakes plus one meal a day though, and those extra shakes really helped.

What brand shakes are you using?  I found that if I used HMR and made it blended with a lot of ice (milkshake consistency) it really helped with the satiety at that stage. 

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

SecondChanceMomm
a

on 11/24/13 8:27 am

Thank you for your words. I am struggling but trying o be as good as possible. I am drinking the Atkins ones. They are good. I don't mind them. I heated up the dark chocolate ones and have had it like hot chocolate this cold snap. I just want to lose more before surgery but hope the little bites here and there don't hurt. Not enough to add up to a meal just something to psych myself into thinking it is.   

mickeymantle
on 11/24/13 8:57 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

the pre op diet and the liquid post op diet is the hardest part

of the journey

It usually gets better after a few days I had to do the pre op twice I got a skin infection a few days before surgery and had to reschedule for the next month

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 57 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 57 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 234 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 307 views