So, I know I shouldn't have weighed yet...

Annievvho
on 12/3/13 8:00 am, edited 12/3/13 8:01 am - Roanoke, VA
VSG on 11/29/13

But I did. I am 4 days post op, and I know everyone says to wait at least a week before hopping on the scales, but I peed gallons on Sunday, and I think I've kind of stabilized fluid-wise, and I was having a weak moment (frustrated and uncertain about what the new full feels like). So I went to weigh (in the middle of the day) and OMG! I am down 8 lbs in 4 days! So worth it! I am struggling to get in enough, but the NUT told me not to worry about protein until I'm getting in all my fluid, so I have started working on protein, but it's at the bottom of my list. 

I do have a question, though. Tonight I had 90 ml of a strained creamy soup. 90 ml equals about 3 ounces, and there are 8 ounces in a cup (one serving), so that's less than half a cup, but it doesn't include the meat or veggies or anything else in the soup, so how do I count that? I doubt it has much (if any) protein, and I don't know how much of the fat/calories/etc. are in the meat and potatoes of the soup and how much are in the broth. I guess at this point I know I can count it as fluid, and by next week I can just purée the whole thing and have a measured portion of that. At least then it will be easier to just calculate the portion size I'm eating compared to the regular portion size.

trinoc
on 12/3/13 9:09 am - TN
VSG on 01/14/14

What fun!  So glad to hear of the huge loss!  :-)

Tricia

M1 -26, M2 -14, M3 -14, M4 -12, M5 -12, M6 -11, M7 -10, M8 -12, M9 -5, Goal Reached 9 months and 14 days

princesswimmer24
on 12/3/13 10:49 am - VA
VSG on 08/05/13

Welcome to the loser's bench!!! I am from Roanoke as well. Dr. Lucktong did my surgery.  Sounds like you are doing well. We share the same NUT and she told me the same thing. They wanted me to focus on fluids and that's what you should be focusing on right now. I had to do a lot of guestimating during the liquid process. I just basically made sure that I was measuring my liquids properly and started counting calories once I moved on to the mushy phase. Good Luck and keep us updated on your continued progress!!

Annievvho
on 12/3/13 1:02 pm - Roanoke, VA
VSG on 11/29/13

Oh! So nice to find someone from my area who used the same practice. I haven't been able to attend any support group meetings yet because of my schedule, but I hope to soon! Keep in touch!

VSG on 06/12/13
It was hard to calculate totals that early on. I recorded on paper just to be in habit of tracking but MFP was sort of useless at that point.

Congrats on the rapid loss. Enjoy it!

Sleeved 6/12/13 - 100 pounds lost to get to goal!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 95 views