NEED help nw please!!

amberk82
on 12/7/13 3:53 pm

I need some expertise now please!! I took a nyquil liquid gel and its been stuck i the back of my throat for about an hour....I have tried close to everything I can think of...any have any ideas??

VSG on 06/12/13
I hope it's cleared by now, but it sounds like its stuck in the vallecula, which is a pocket at the base of your tongue. I used to be a speech therapist and we'd try to clear issues like this by having the patient turn their head while swallowing. If that doesn't help, try looking up while turning your head. Doing this while gargling something warm may help too. If it doesn't clear, you may need to head to doc or ER. Good luck!

Sleeved 6/12/13 - 100 pounds lost to get to goal!

(deactivated member)
on 12/7/13 4:39 pm - NV
VSG on 11/04/13

I have a problem with pills getting caught in the back of my throat all the time. I always tried to drink something but it would never work.  What works for me Every Single Time is to eat something.  I always take my blood pressure medicine before I go to bed and it is the one that always get stuck.  This might sound weird, but I always eat an olive after I take it.  Green colossal olives.  It takes me three bites to get the olive down but usually the pill is gone with the first bite.  It works with other foods too.  

Most Active