Unjury Chicken Soup - Seriously????

hope123
on 12/6/13 9:20 am - MO

I've seen so many people talk about how wonderful they think the Unjury Chicken Soup is on this forum, and how they survived on it during the liquid phase, so I purchased it and made it for the first time tonight. Holy-moly I thought it was AWFUL!!!  I followed instructions and didn't make the water over 140 degrees, and it wouldn't even mix properly.  I felt like I was trying to drink powder, and the taste was nothing special at all.

LosingSarah
on 12/6/13 9:30 am - Moorhead, MN
VSG on 10/16/13

I've seen the hype, too, but don't believe I'll ever order it. The description of it sounds awful to me. Sorry to hear you wasted your $$ on something gross.

BTW - How are you doing? Feeling better? Food going down easier for you? 

hope123
on 12/6/13 9:33 am, edited 12/6/13 9:33 am - MO

Hi Sarah, yeah...I wouldn't bother ordering it either, I wish I hadn't.

Sadly, I'm still the same.  Six weeks post-op and I still can't eat soft-solids.  I'm beginning to think I'll never be able to eat food again. Thanks for asking though!

Mrs_Desire _
on 12/6/13 10:43 am - Houston, TX
VSG on 11/18/13
Did you have a hernia repair? If so, I was told that the healing process is much longer and that many people are on liquids for a few weeks after surgery. By the way on the chicken broth soup. You have to make like a paste with it first and then slowly add the remaining heated water. If mixed like that, the powder completely dissolve and it looks just like real chicken broth.

Myfitnesspal: MsDesire​  - Revision from Realize Band Patient

Height: 5'10" HW: 305  SW: 298 Surg Goal: 195 Endo Goal: 165 

LosingSarah
on 12/6/13 9:05 pm - Moorhead, MN
VSG on 10/16/13

Sorry to hear. What does your surgeon say? I hope you feel better soon.

Tracy D.
on 12/6/13 9:40 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

I found it needed to be blended first with tap water - THEN heat it up, slooowly.   I liked it then but didn't care for it when it was clumpy.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

A. Kondrlik
on 12/6/13 9:57 am
VSG on 01/24/13

Try mixing it in warm milk, it tastes like cream of chicken soup.  I guess that when I was on liquids only i was desperate for something that tasted like food!

Anne

HW 259    GW 145    CW 140.2  Not finished yet?   

brynn3
on 12/6/13 10:20 am - MI
VSG on 10/16/13

I bought it and had the same thing.  I think it's awful too.  On the other hand I found the unflavored protein was great to add in yogurt, puddings or make whatever flavor protein shakes I wanted.  Hope you're doing well.

Brandy

LosingSarah
on 12/6/13 9:09 pm - Moorhead, MN
VSG on 10/16/13

Interesting. I'm so afraid to try the unflavored protein, too. I am sick of the sweet stuff all the time, but until I can't take it anymore I'm not sure I'll try it, lol.

Dcgirl
on 12/6/13 10:29 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

I am laughing out loud at your post!  It's definitely not so wonderful, but it's SAVORY which makes it amazing in my book :)  I am so tired of chocolate and caramel lol.

I have read that you are supposed to mix it with a small bit of tap water into a thick paste and then slowly add in boiling water and stiring as you add.  Not sure if you have tried that.

My new fave is Miner's chicken stock (from amazon.com) that you store in the fridge and it's 15 calories for each cup that is made.  Then I add Isopure unflavored protein powder.  MUCH more delicious, but the unjury is still good for on the go...

Good luck!  I am having RNY on the 16th of Dec so I am five days into the liquid diet.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 66 views