Consult Today

Dawn ..
on 12/9/13 8:19 am - MI
VSG on 09/23/14

Hi everyone. I had my consultation visit today. My insurance company requires a 6-month program be completed before my surgery. I have tried Weigh****chers and a ton of other diet programs and was successful but eventually the weight came back. I am really hoping that I can learn how to change my lifestyle in the coming 6 months before surgery so that I can be successful. My biggest issue is carbs and portion control. I have decided that I simply can not have carbs in my house. Can anyone give me suggestions as to what I can eat and be satisfied? My doctor said I can eat cheese, lean pork, fish, chicken and beef, veggies except corn, pees and orange squash. This sounds like a very boring menu to me. Can someone give me other suggestions as to what I can eat that is healthy and filling? I am glad I found this site and I hope to gain knowledge, support and maybe make some new friends.

mkvand
on 12/9/13 8:08 pm
VSG on 01/06/14 with

Check out cafe frisco and the world according to eggface.  They are both written by successful WLS patients and have a lot of excellent VSG friendly recipes.  Frisco is also a photographer, so everything on his site looks fantastic.

Dawn ..
on 12/10/13 1:17 am - MI
VSG on 09/23/14

Thanks so much mkvand, I will check both sites out.

VPrincess228
on 12/11/13 2:41 am
VSG on 02/03/14

My surgeon has all patients read the South Beach Diet book and abide by the foods the book states you can and cannot eat.  There are actually TONS of foods you can eat (even in the first two weeks when you are in the "strict" phase) and there are a bunch of great recipes!  I bought mine on Amazon for a few bucks and I LOVE IT!  Really explains how it all works and there are tons of stories about success and failure throughout.  I have never had a diet work for me that I could stay on long term, but I have been on this diet since October and I'm not bored of it yet!  Check it out!

LAURA 28 years old  Height: 5' 6 1/2"  HW: 265  SW: 237  CW: 184

M1 -18  M2 -13  M3 -12  M4 -8

Dawn ..
on 12/13/13 11:53 pm - MI
VSG on 09/23/14

Thank you VPrincess. I just happen to have a South Beach Diet book, it's green. I was going to give it away a couple of months ago along with a ton of other books I had, but something told me to keep it. My doctor suggested it too and I told him I have it. I will definitely start reading it..

Most Active