Feeling weak in my upper body

cubs2827
on 12/9/13 9:08 pm - Tampa, FL
VSG on 11/25/13

Good day everyone!  I had my surgery on November 25; surgery went very well.  I returned back to work one week later.  I am a software builder so I sit at my desk all day.  My question is that I feel very weak in my upper body.  I feel that I have someone sitting on my shoulders when I walk too much. I am also very tired after taking a shower.  I did notice that my hematocrit and hemoglobin were below the norm but not too far off.  I went to the doctor yesterday and was given a B12 injection and I started taking a multivitamin 2 times a day and I added iron yesterday in hopes of feeling better.  Anyone else experience these types of symptoms?

Surgery date: 11/25/2013   Highest weight: 332 lbs   Surgery weight: 326 lbs  

M1:-30  M2:-11  M3:-14  M4:-9.2  M5:-12.2  M6:-6  M7:-11  M8:-9  M9:-1

Vivian Prouty
on 12/9/13 9:15 pm - Fort Worth, TX

I haven't ever experienced that but your vitamins should make you feel much better and the B12 will give you energy.   Stay on top of those vitamin levels....if they are off they DO affect how you feel.    Good luck and hope you feel better really soon.

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

TurnThePage
on 12/9/13 10:22 pm

You can feel profoundly fatigued for the first month or two--remember you've had major surgery. Try to get up and move for at least a few minutes every hour. Do some stretches at your desk.  At lunch time, sneak out to the car for a quick nap or take a walk. Go to bed an hour earlier each night. These things can all help.  The vitamins should start helping. Hope you feel better soon!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 101 views