Woohoo?

Annievvho
on 12/11/13 1:09 pm - Roanoke, VA
VSG on 11/29/13

Today my NUT said I needed to increase my calories, so I added some in. I'm feeling way more full than I have so far, which I'm not sure I like. But I got in about 580 cals, which is still on the low side, but more than I had been getting. I also managed to do it with pretty good numbers for protein, fat, and carbs, which is a major win. I had to add in an extra meal and make a few changes to the meals I was already eating. I might be able to manage a little more soon, but honestly it's nice to feel a little more restriction. I know it's silly, but I was wondering if I was going to be one of those people that still never felt full and could eat just as much post op. I had some the first week, but that was more from swelling and healing, so I was freaking myself out a little. There's no reason why I needed to freak. I was only consuming 3 oz at a time, but my biggest fear with this whole process is failing. 

(deactivated member)
on 12/11/13 1:47 pm - Redlands, CA

I don't know how far out you are and I am very new at this. That little calories, how do you get nutrition you need? I am learning this new process.

I haven't had surgery yet, just met with my Surgeon today for a Consultation. We are beginning the process. One of my big fears is 'Failing as well and eating past the surgery or not feeling 'full' as I don't ever have that feeling now. I can eat and eat and rarely feel full.

Annievvho
on 12/11/13 2:28 pm - Roanoke, VA
VSG on 11/29/13

Honestly, I'm only just under 2 weeks out from surgery. At this point I am not getting all the nutrition I need from food, which is why we are expected to supplement. Lots of vitamins and minerals. Some people only supplement as indicated by labs, some people supplement everyday forever unless they have too much. And in order to get in my protein, I use supplements for that, too.

mickeymantle
on 12/11/13 2:20 pm - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

you must have just started eating solid food , you will be able to eat a little more in around a month when your sleeve is less swollen

at 4+ months I can eat 4 oz of protein and a few oz of low carb veggies or fruit

I eat 500-800 cal /day 80 gm protein around 30 carbs

your doing great

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Annievvho
on 12/11/13 2:24 pm - Roanoke, VA
VSG on 11/29/13

Still on purées. But my surgeons office seems to kind of combine puréed food and soft foods. I can eat all the soft food stage stuff as long as I mu**** up some.

mickeymantle
on 12/12/13 12:07 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

my surgeon skips the purried and soft stage and goes from full liquids to full food ,but tell us to start with softer stuff , we start full food after 2 weeks , I did not have any problems with this plan

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 92 views