I feel like I'm on a downward spiral...

isign4u
on 12/20/13 2:39 pm
One thing to think about that may or may not help is..... After surgery ( especially early out) eating something off plan can have serious repercussions like getting sick. I over ate by a few bites one day and had the worst case of heartburn ever. Not to mention, I was severely uncomfortable for about ten hours because of the pressure in my stomach. Now I know! One of my favorite sayings is when you know better. you do better. So take those feelings that you have now and move on tomorrow. Good luck on your journey!
"One mistake does not a day make"        
Mary Catherine
on 12/21/13 12:18 am

I literally do it cold turkey.  I roast a nice turkey breast, slice it into pieces and store in the refrigerator.  I eat as much turkey breast as I want and nothing else.  It is filling, high protein and totally gets rid of the carb cravings.

FindingMyWeigh
on 12/21/13 12:37 am
VSG on 10/30/13

I like to have something meaty and chewy for my protein. I buy the tuna steaks and cook them in 1Tbs of olive oil with a little cajun spice seasoning. The texture is similar to a beef steak but is high protein, low carb, low calorie, Small bites, chew thoroughly to the consistency of say, tuna in a can. No water 1/2 before eating, no water while eating, and no water 1/2 hour eating.  It really fills you up and gives you that full tummy feeling for longer.  The water schedule is important because if you have water in your stomach it will flush the protein out and the feeling of satiety or fullness will not last as long as it should. 

I picked up a book to read on my Kindle "Successful Weight Loss with the Gastric Sleeve" by Guillermo Alvarez and it outlines step by step what you need to do and why it's important that you do it a certain way. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 70 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 261 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 325 views