Sleeved 12/18

stacie914
on 12/22/13 2:32 am

I am starting to get back to "normal".  I have been struggling to get my liquids and protein in since the surgery but feel I can make some progress today!  I am down 10lbs since the surgery and 41 lbs since my journey started in June (the sad part is 26 of that has been since December 3rd) so that shows me that I needed the surgery.  I feel pretty good, the gas pain was the worst. I have not had to take any pain medication and have been sleeping better.  I am not hungry at all but the site of food makes me think I want it.  I know that is something I will continue to struggle with especially with Christmas and New Years.  I am mourning food.  As my family talks about all the new recipes they are trying for Christmas, I am a little sad that I will not be a part of the taste testing.  I guess if I could have just taste tested I would not been in this situation!  I am looking forward to vacation in March and excited about the fact that I may be able to fit in an airplane seat without swishing my husband!  I also want to say how helpful this forum has been!

HW: 369.8  SW: 338.6

Minda626
on 12/22/13 2:50 am
VSG on 12/17/13

I'm glad you're doing well! I had mine on the 17th, and I am still struggling with eating and drinking. I can barely get down 4oz of anything with protein, and each tiny sip causes so much burping. I'm at a loss for what to do differently! I dodged Christmas with my family since it's so close to my surgery, I just announced that I would stay home and rest. I'm dreading New Year's, though...mourning the wine and appetizer feast my hubby and I used to enjoy. Hang in there!

VSG 12/17/13   HW 325   SW 281   GW 149

Weezy_1007
on 12/22/13 4:28 am
VSG on 12/18/13

Good On your journey. I was sleeved the 18th too. My has me only concentrating  liquids this week then introducing the protein. Doing ok  with that so far. I hope  start having easier time of  it.

meredith10
on 12/22/13 5:35 am - salisbury, MD

Had mine on dec 17. Doing better too. Trying to get protein in too.  I feel like a new person. Mourning food , big time.  Dreaming about it. Crazy right?  Still liquids until doctors appointment tomorrow. Then blended food. Not sure what to eat then.. What are you all going to eat?

mary

rengirl1978
on 12/22/13 6:18 am - Denver, CO
VSG on 12/18/13

I am 12/18 too and doing pretty good! Not too much pain, but it's a struggle to get my bipolar meds down. I don't have any trouble getting liquid or protein shakes down. Next stage of food for me is not until about the 29th. I have a cookbook from "Chef Dave" with lots of ideas in it. Good luck!

Rhiannon VSG 12/18/13 ~ Mo 1 -35lbs ~ Mo 2 -15lbs ~ Mo 3 -13lbs ~ Mo 4 -8lbs ~ Mo 5 -9lbs ~ Mo 6 -6lbs ~ Mo 7 -8lbs

If we all liked the same things, what fun would life be?

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 66 views