7 weeks post op

kyle_17512
on 1/5/14 3:44 pm - Chester, PA
Not losing weight. Only lost 8 lbs in last 5 weeks. What to do? Consider 80 percent removal of tongue.
cubs2827
on 1/5/14 9:34 pm - Tampa, FL
VSG on 11/25/13

Good morning Kyle-

I am 6 weeks today post op.  I was at a stand still for a couple of weeks myself.  Here is what I did.  I started tracking my food on My Fitness Pal.  I changed the settings to limit me to the 800 calories and 30 carbs.  Tracking put me in check with what I was taking in.  I also started exercising.  I think this started the jump start that my body was needing.  From what I am reading on the forums, you should not be always looking at the numbers on the scale, you also need to recognize the inches that are coming off.  Even at my stand still, people would comment and ask how much weight now have you lost and the number was always the same but my clothes were fitting differently.

So hang in there, the weight will come off.  Remember the slower, the better for our skin to go back to its intended state!

Surgery date: 11/25/2013   Highest weight: 332 lbs   Surgery weight: 326 lbs  

M1:-30  M2:-11  M3:-14  M4:-9.2  M5:-12.2  M6:-6  M7:-11  M8:-9  M9:-1

denisealice
on 1/5/14 10:31 pm - TX

I would make an appointment with your NUT and visit with him/her.  If you are keeping track of what you are eating I would take that along.  If you aren't tracking your food, I would start doing so.  Hang in there!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 82 views