2 Weeks and Five Days- 28 lbs lost

dwilliams1913
on 1/8/14 7:24 am - Atlanta, GA
VSG on 12/20/13

It's been two weeks and five days, and I've lost 28 lbs. so far. I drink as many fluids as I can and I make sure I get in as much protein as possible at this point. I am slowly but surely trying to work my way from 21 grams or 32 grams of protein a day to 48 or 60 grams of protein a day. I walk for an hour at least six days a week. I prayed that God would change my life, and He told me, "Diona, if you put forth the effort, I will multiply your reward. Thank you Jesus! You are always faithful to your word!!!

I am thinking of adopting a pescatarian life style once I move to the solid food stage, in about a month in a half from now. Are there any pescatarians out there?

Journeytotherealg
on 1/8/14 8:18 am - MI

Hi surgery twin!  You're doing fantastic.  I've lost about 24 lbs since my surgery.  I'm still struggling with my protein/water intake, but everyday gets better.  Keep up the great work.

-Gina

VSG on 12-20-13.  HW=325.  SW=312.  CW=286   GW=170

dwilliams1913
on 1/8/14 8:48 am - Atlanta, GA
VSG on 12/20/13

Congratulations on your weight loss Gina! You rock!!! Lets keep in touch through the boards. We'll encourage each other.

radiantrealm
on 1/8/14 10:45 am - NC
VSG on 03/19/14

Hi! What made you decide to get the sleeve? I am just curious I still have not made the decision as to what surgery i am going to get but i see we pretty much have the same pre-op weight! Also i was a pescetarian, i was also a vegetarian for 6 years. Its very possible! Fish has a ton of protein, although you want to make sure you eat a variety because too much of one fish isn't always that great. My issue with pescetarianism is you are what you eat and your secretions from your skin start to smell a little fishy after some time lol. 

HW: 492 SurgW: 429 CW: 337 GW: 160 VSG: 3/19/2014

dwilliams1913
on 1/9/14 5:23 pm, edited 1/9/14 5:24 pm - Atlanta, GA
VSG on 12/20/13

I decided on the sleeve because I didn't want to deal with any malabsorption issues. I already had low iron. I didn't want to do anything willingly that would worsen my present situation. I also wanted my digestive tract to remain in tact. When I conferred with my surgeon, he told me that if something was going to go wrong with the sleeve, then it would happen up front. With the Gastric Bypass, he said that things could go wrong years later. I knew that I would have to work really hard. I lost 62 lbs. before the surgery because I started so high.

(deactivated member)
on 1/8/14 11:06 am - Canada

Good for you for working so hard.  I had to look pescatarian up lol.  I love beef too much to give it up.  I figure giving up all those empty carbs entitles me to enjoy all types of protein as I tolerate them.  I love seafood though so it will also be top on my list of proteins I consume!

Keep with your faith girlfriend, you can never go wrong! ;)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 76 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 279 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 332 views